Class Reccomendations?

Folana.9832

I'm not necessarily new. but I haven't touched Gild Wars 2 in 2 years and have only recently come back to it. Essentially I feel I'm very dated in my knowledge so its probably safe to call this a new start?

I'm trying to see about a new class I can unrust my experience on. But. .I'm not a very powerful gamer and often times for the keys 6-0 I have to look at my keyboard or guess what button it is (yeah i don't really have any gamer keyboard or mouse, so I also don't have the buttons some people have on the sides of their mouse.) So I was hoping to know if there's any class recommendations where I wouldn't have to press 6-0 TOO TOO much in a battle? I know Ill have to. but when I tried necromancer it was a little better for my hands 'cus i just needed to summon the fiends and sometimes press for them to explode/charge/haunt, but i wanted to know if there were any others as well! Or maybe if there's builds on some classes that wouldn't need smashing of those keys nearly as much as other classes do. Any advice helps!

3 hours ago, Folana.9832 said:

I'm not necessarily new. but I haven't touched Gild Wars 2 in 2 years and have only recently come back to it. Essentially I feel I'm very dated in my knowledge so its probably safe to call this a new start?

I'm trying to see about a new class I can unrust my experience on. But. .I'm not a very powerful gamer and often times for the keys 6-0 I have to look at my keyboard or guess what button it is (yeah i don't really have any gamer keyboard or mouse, so I also don't have the buttons some people have on the sides of their mouse.) So I was hoping to know if there's any class recommendations where I wouldn't have to press 6-0 TOO TOO much in a battle? I know Ill have to. but when I tried necromancer it was a little better for my hands 'cus i just needed to summon the fiends and sometimes press for them to explode/charge/haunt, but i wanted to know if there were any others as well! Or maybe if there's builds on some classes that wouldn't need smashing of those keys nearly as much as other classes do. Any advice helps!

I have a gaming Mouse but i also dont use the buttons on it. I just moved some skills of 6-0 on some other Keys....

But however if you really search a class where u dont have to press 6-0 a lot...its maybe one with a signet on one of these skills. 

For example firebrand has a condition damage signet so you have 1 less key to press. Lots of classes have one. Reaper uses a power sigil, ranger a ferocity one.....

However since you have problems with 6-0 i think you also have problems with f1-f5. Well a way would be to just click them with ur mouse but if you want something without f2-f5 it would maybe be:

Thief. Has only f1 and uses 1 signet. You could also use 2 signets (precision, power). You also dont have to press a lot Keys with it. 

Warrior. Also has no f2-f5 and uses at least 1 signet. Spellbreaker has f1 and f2. Berserker only f1. 

Reaper. Same thing as i wrote for Berserker. + Forgiving class overall.

Revenant. has only f1 but has no signets. And your 6-0 skills are swapping so u have to click them more often than on other classes.

I d say all other classes have f2-f5. If i didnt forget any.

Edited by SeTect.5918

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Power_Daredevil

On power Daredevil you’ll spend most of your time pressing 1 and 2 and dodging (dodging does damage). Two signets on your utility skills means only occasionally pressing them, and in the guide you can see a third signet is an option.

You’ll need to be able to use your heal, though, on any build.

My suggestion is to rebind your keys. 6-0 is a pretty terrible place for any skill you use frequently. If you take a little time and plan out a keyboard layout for yourself you’ll get used to it in fairly short order. Start with your movement keys as the place your hand rests, then map the things you need to use the most and/or fastest closest to those keys, and working out from there.

With a skill bar limited to ten (unlike other games where you can end up with dozens) you should be able to map all the important hot keys within two buttons of your movement keys.

I read someone describe this back when I first started playing MMOs, and came up with a custom keybind that made sense to me. It took a little time to figure out, and some more time to get used to, but now the first thing I do in any game, single player or MMO, is rebind the keys to the layout I created back then. Using the right half of the numbers and F keys for frequently used actions just doesn’t make a lot of sense, but most games default that way for some reason.

My example:

Q is my heal. If I need my heal, I need it fast, so it’s under my pinky.

I use W,E,R for movement. I don’t like the awkwardness of keep my middle finger forward if ring and index.

T is interact. Use that a lot, so it’s any easy move over from R.

D is dodge. Just like heal, when I need this, I need it fast, so keep in close. 

1-5 for weapon skills, and ASFG for utilities and elite (7-0). Half the skill bar is an easy one key above movement, the other half one key below.

ZXCV are my profession skills, default mapped to F. I can tag them by moving my thumb from where it rests on the space for jump. Left ALT is the special temp skill button, also an easy reach from space bar.

With a setup like this you use the keyboard as it was meant to be used, with the left hand using the left side of the keyboard, rather than trying to reach across the whole thing. And with all your keys being a short distance from your fingers’ rest position, it’s easier to develop the muscle memory of which to hit, rather than hunting across large distances like to the 9 and 0.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

Rebinding keyboard solved most of my problems.

I sort of moved keys "down". F1, F2,  went to 1, 2, 3. 1 to 0 went down to Q, E, R, F, etc.

Yes, there are classes that need less button pushing. But first try to rebind keys. I mean, you should pick a class based on how much you like it, enjoy it, not because of "keyboard".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Folana.9832 said:

Currently working on project that kind of fits to this request. The idea is to offer easy builds to players who basically have never touched a MMORPG before. As they are bound to RL responsibilities and fixed schedules, training like a maniac in front of a golem, as well as watching hours of guides and tutorials is completely out of the question. The builds should come with an above-average self-sustain and a below-average requirement of reflexes. To add a little more challenge, the gear should be easy to acquire. The builds should be intuitive to play, with almost no knowledge required. 

Demon Slayer

Inspired by the Devil May Cry Dante, it is basically a pure hack&slash build. You literally bombard your opponents with interrupts and are constantly evading. If you get any damage, you will instantly heal up. Conditions get automatically cleansed. If things really get out of hand, you can use the elite-skill. The build trains you to use the steal-skill F1 as often as possible.

Listing all the mechanics and tricks this build (ab)uses, would generate a lot of text. If you have questions, feel free to ask. I can explain and justify every single choice that was made in this build. I would love to offer more, but the other builds are mostly in early development state. 

You basically use 1-5, F1, dodge and weaponswap. You ignore heal & utility-skills and use the elite-skill as you feel comfortable. Sword and Pistol 3 for basic melee & ranged damage. Pistol 2 and 4 for additional CC. Pistol 5 to blind nearby enemies, mostly when you are surrounded by a few. While on Sword, you can teleport to your target (skill 2), back and forth, which looks amazing and grants you some extra mobility. If you happen to get knocked out, you can use skill 8 as a stun-breaker. 

Note: Stating the obvious, this is NOT a meta-build. It does not get anywhere near average DPS output and should not be used in content where peak-performance is relevant. It works for Open World and story, as well as instanced content that does not require meta-performance. For a skilled and trained Thief main, it is a total overkill in many ways.