Why I'm against a No-Pet Spec for Ranger.

MagicalLeaf.1307

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure, anything CAN be done ... those kinds of statements aren't relevant. 

The fact that it can be done is relevant for the sake of wether or not it will ever be done.

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You don't know if it would give you better performance. You're just assuming that. 

How bold of me to assume that literally any set of skills is better than a permanent dead mechanic. Soulbeast is indefinetely better than core at large scale WvW, despite getting a weapon completely useless for it. Druid is better because, while it still has a dead mechanic, the avatar is a secondary mechanic that does something.

You're either clueless, or you're being stubborn on purpose. Either way, done with you. Read enough of your stupid kitten discussions in other threads to know not to bother any further.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

The fact that it can be done is relevant for the sake of wether or not it will ever be done.

The relevance of what can be done is evidence that changing class theme is an unlikely path to improvement. 

Either way, done with you. 

Well, I guess we will see if that's true ... and not really done with you here though.

I think it is very bold you assume that removing the pet, to which so much of this class is built around, will improve your performance in WvW/PvP. You just aren't being honest with yourself if you think Anet would consider such a significant and disruptive undertaking just to MAYBE improve competitive game mode performance, especially considering all the options that don't have pets to begin with and all the options they have to improve the ranger in those modes WITHOUT removing the pet. 

The fact is that i'm not the stubborn one here. If you want a pet-less class that performs in WVW ... you chose wrong. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

if you don't play the class ...

Wait ... how do you conclude I don't play the class? Nothing I said should give you that opinion.  That's a fallacy anyways, whether I play the class or not doesn't change the truth of  what I'm saying. It's applicable to EVERY class; Theme isn't compromised for performance. 

PS ... is this the scene where you start popping off-topic comments and patronizing terms to get a rise from me? Let's see how THAT goes for you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Wait ... how do you conclude I don't play the class? Nothing I said should give you that opinion.  That's a fallacy anyways, whether I play the class or not doesn't change the truth of  what I'm saying. 

I think your opinion is subjective.  Like most here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

I think your opinion is subjective.  Like most here.

Well, ALL opinions are subjective. The question is the validity of the content that form them. Somehow you assumed I don't play the class, except that has nothing to do with being woke to the fact that changing theme is an highly unlikely path to performance improvements. That's just the kind of banter I expect from people when they have no way to dispute the points being made. 

PS ... maybe in 3 more years you can campaign for another pet-less espec. See how that goes. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, ALL opinions are subjective. The question is the validity of the content that form them. Somehow you assumed I don't play the class, except that has nothing to do with being woke to the fact that changing theme is an highly unlikely path to performance improvements. That's just the kind of banter I expect from people when they have no way to dispute the points being made. 

PS ... maybe in 3 more years you can campaign for another pet-less espec. See how that goes. 

I don't want a pet free spec, though do I?

I want pets and lots of them. hell i want to change into a pet and run free.

😅

3 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

I don't want a pet free spec, though do I?

If you don't want a pet free spec, I don't get why you are arguing with me. What is your angle here? Are you just misrepresenting yourself to perpetuate an argument or something?

Regardless, if you don't want a pet-free spec, I don't see a reason to argue with you any longer ... since we are in agreement that Rangers won't be petless anytime soon. 

Edited by Obtena.7952