Which ascended set first?

Clockworks.3825

Hello! 
I'm a rather noob (not newbie as I've been around for a while) that finally have enough mats to start serious start to craft a set of ascended gear.
Question which set to go for first?, If i look at the metabattle I find the boonsharing rev quite interresting and I'm guessing that is the most "supportive" one of the specs?
But the question is where to get diviners and is it even worth going for that set of armor or should I pick something else?

Hope my rambling makes sense

Clock

If you mean Herald (the one with Facets and tons of boons) ,yes its the most supportive Rev spec. But in endcontent, like fractals or raids, Herald isnt seen often. Herald tho dont need diviner & can simply go for Berserker gear in order to permanently upkeep its boons. Can be played with Diviner gear aswell, but its a quite big damage loss.

In harder content mostly Renegades will always be seen. Power, Condi or ,like said above, Diviner Renegade (Which mostly is like a power renegade ,but gives 10man alacrity, which is an very strong unique boon). Diviner Renegade is perfectly fine for soloplay aswell. 

Condition Alacrity(diviner) Renegade also exists with Celestial gear. 

Many builds can be found at www.Snowcrows.com

Edited by Virdo.1540

2 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

If you mean Herald (the one with Facets and tons of boons) ,yes its the most supportive Rev spec. But in endcontent, like fractals or raids, Herald isnt seen often. Herald tho dont need diviner & can simply go for Berserker gear in order to permanently upkeep its boons. Can be played with Diviner gear aswell, but its a quite big damage loss.

In harder content mostly Renegades will always be seen. Power, Condi or ,like said above, Diviner Renegade (Which mostly is like a power renegade ,but gives 10man alacrity, which is an very strong unique boon). Diviner Renegade is perfectly fine for soloplay aswell. 

Condition Alacrity(diviner) Renegade also exists with Celestial gear. 

Many builds can be found at www.Snowcrows.com

Alright awesome i've made a mistake! forgot to add the build i were refering to (https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Boon_Support_Power_DPS_(Fractal)) this is the one I'm thinking off.

Question now is should I craft the entire set (jewels neck and armor etc) in diviner, or should I only craft a couple of pieces and maybe get berserker for the rest?

For the armor you can go ascended for your first set, but after that I would advice you to craft a legendary set (you can do that in PvE, PvP or WvW, each one has his pros and cons, or even mix 2 pieces of each working on the 6 at the same time.

For the amulet, rings, ear rings and backpiece (and even the submarine breather) the best way to get those items is to far winterberries in the Season 3 Bitterfrost map, and also the currencies in Season's 4 Dragonfall map + Fire & Ice Bjora Marches map. Those 3 would provide you all the scended trinkets you want (Bloodstone fen was also good due you can reset the stats for some trinkets, but now is way worse to farm than in the past). For the legendary backpiece, amulet and rings PvP and WvW are great sources.

If you're liking the game and plan to play it for long, getting the legendary armor ASAP is best course of action, because will allow you to swap stats and insert/remove runes and infusions without destroying them, and as all legendary itiems would be shared which each (heavy armor user) character you have.

14 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

For the armor you can go ascended for your first set, but after that I would advice you to craft a legendary set (you can do that in PvE, PvP or WvW, each one has his pros and cons, or even mix 2 pieces of each working on the 6 at the same time.

For the amulet, rings, ear rings and backpiece (and even the submarine breather) the best way to get those items is to far winterberries in the Season 3 Bitterfrost map, and also the currencies in Season's 4 Dragonfall map + Fire & Ice Bjora Marches map. Those 3 would provide you all the scended trinkets you want (Bloodstone fen was also good due you can reset the stats for some trinkets, but now is way worse to farm than in the past). For the legendary backpiece, amulet and rings PvP and WvW are great sources.

If you're liking the game and plan to play it for long, getting the legendary armor ASAP is best course of action, because will allow you to swap stats and insert/remove runes and infusions without destroying them, and as all legendary itiems would be shared which each (heavy armor user) character you have.

Also, with this- using the ‘Return to ____/Season of Dragons’ achievement, you can get a (time consuming but) essentially free legendary amulet, just by going through the story and exploring the zones they take place in. Way cheaper and easier than getting the PvP legendary amulet, which is the only option at this time (season of the dragon has not finished yet, a few weeks to go)

the reason legendary equipment is so valuable is what Buran said- you can change starts at no cost, change upgrades without destroying them, and they’re usable simultaneously for all your characters that can use them. That makes the trinkets (accessories, amulets, rings, and though the back piece options are not categorized as a trinket, they do also fit in this category) even more valuable in certain aspects, because all classes can use them. 

revenant is my favorite class and main. that being said, it’s different builds tend to require vastly different equipment (diviners, vipers, celestial, and berserkers being the ones I use most and that seems to be the standard based on metabattle and snowcrows). Which means either crafting four different ascended sets, or one legendary, that can also be used on warrior and guardian characters. It’s quite a journey to do so, but worth it (you can go from 0 to one legendary armor piece every month going the WvW route, though fair warning that mode is not everyone’s cup of tea)

• Like 1

It really doesn't matter much if you accidently got the wrong "stats" on Ascended armor and weapons because you can just throw in an Anthology of Heroes, 5 ectoplasm globs and the exotic signet with the stats you want instead in the Forge in LA. Personally I always use a Power-set on my Rev (Berserker) because the Condi rev isn't that good imo it lacks oomph. 

Oh and on a side note, there are ascended jewelry pieces you can change the stats from as well after you've gotten them, they can be earned in some of the LS maps, Bloodstone Fen comes to mind for a backpack and ring you can change stats from with an item you can get from the bloodstone vendor there.