Softreset needs to change

The current softreset is damaging the matchmaking and overall matchquality for almost every rating, low people get a rating boost and high people get a rating dropp, that means in the end that the first 2 weeks are a complete clownfiesta silvers, plants and everything between are playing in onesided matches, some people get completely farmed because they play against way stronger players. The relatively small population of the game is not helping either. 

No one is rly enjoying this, casual players are happy to get gold after the 10 first games but than they loose any interest to play when they fall back to silver, while good players get insane by most of the moves low lvl player doing and quit the game for having such a horrible experience. I know many players that quit because of some terrible match quality and that results into less players into even worse matches. 

Change the softreset, let everyone loose 200-300 rating, idk do something, this is disgusting everytime for everyone 

• Like 4

Anyone rated below gold 1 (1200) gets a boost with the soft reset.  The reset needs to be relative for all ranks so you don’t go into negatives and account for high volatility and rating deviation at the start of a new season.

Glicko2 is a good rating system for GW2 but ANet really needs to tighten up their match maker to not allow gold 2 and below to be matched with plat 1 or higher.

Edited by phokus.8934
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phokus.8934 said:

Anyone rated below gold 1 (1200) gets a boost with the soft reset.  The reset needs to be relative for all ranks so you don’t go into negatives and account for high volatility and rating deviation at the start of a new season.

Glicko2 is a good rating system for GW2 but ANet really needs to tighten up their match maker to not allow gold 2 and below to be matched with plat 1 or higher.

Yeah but when you remove 300 rating as a soft reset from Every  account, would end up that players good players playing against good players and not that good players are playing against the same, now you have an absolut rumble of all ratings at the same time, and a lot of people do rly not enjoy this party. 

Also bad people will always start with a hard loosing streak because they can't do anything against even normal people and don't want to play that even further. Who does not like to start in gold and than dropping 4 leagues down to silver just because they belong there

Edited by Avatar.3568
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Yeah but when you remove 300 rating as a soft reset from Every  account, would end up that players good players playing against good players and not that good players are playing against the same, now you have an absolut rumble of all ratings at the same time, and a lot of people do rly not enjoy this party. 

Also bad people will always start with a hard loosing streak because they can't do anything against even normal people and don't want to play that even further. Who does not like to start in gold and than dropping 4 leagues down to silver just because they belong there

Top players will still play each other but the pool of players relative to them will increase.  Arbitrarily decreasing 300 rating does nothing other than deflate the rating value.  Like I said in my post, the matchmaker is the culprit, not Glicko2 rating.

1 hour ago, phokus.8934 said:

Top players will still play each other but the pool of players relative to them will increase.  Arbitrarily decreasing 300 rating does nothing other than deflate the rating value.  Like I said in my post, the matchmaker is the culprit, not Glicko2 rating.

What I mean is that it kittens up a lot of players that play a at the beginning of the season and than stop because all matches are kitten, they stop, it gets better in the end but half of players still not there

41 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

What I mean is that it kittens up a lot of players that play a at the beginning of the season and than stop because all matches are kitten, they stop, it gets better in the end but half of players still not there

That's the Glicko2 system working as intended but it's based on games played and not the time between a season.  Rating volatility settles fairly quick but with the abysmal PvP player population and the horrendous match maker, there will be relatively large positive and negative gains to a rating.  PvP is the red-headed step child for ANet which is even more apparent from the lack of updates in their postings and announcements.

Yes Glicko2 is a good system, but the number of players was different from the beginning.

Description: The rules are simple - no more than 18 people participate in the game, alone or in pairs. Once the game starts, they need to collect equipment and fight each other until a player (or a team of two) is left alone at the end and wins the game. One and a half screams!

Edited by DomHemingway.8436