Looking for a small group hybrid dps/support build (likely celestial)

Samis.1750

I have played a celestial Firebrand (axe/shield + scepter/focus) and that has worked alright but I want to check out other classes. I looked at ranger builds but one would have to play a druid and Soulbeast with dolyak stance seems so tough to pass on for wvw roaming. (I did briefly try a shortbow/staff druid build with trailblazer/apothecary awhile back for taking camps and unorganized small scale skirmishing)

Ventari rev apparently works but lack of stun breaks concerns me. Elementalist would be of interest too many but I am an older player who clicks the majority of my skills aside from weapon swap, dodge roll and heal - so that class is not probably for me.

All hints, tips and builds are welcome!

Edited by Samis.1750

• Samis.1750 changed the title to Looking for a small group hybrid dps/support build (likely celestial)

If you're going to roam in wvw I wouldn't recommend celestial anything unless you like dying.  I mean sure you can set yourself up bunker style and be hard to kill but you won't hurt much.  Celestial will give you a bit of everything but a ton of nothing.  Go either heavy damage or heavy condi.  I prefer my marauder soulbeast for roaming.  It's a nasty killer with decent survivability when needed.  What you choose as a roaming class depends on what you like of course.  I just happen to like soulbeast.  

Having said that... if you do run a celestial build please let me know what server you're on so I can come show you why it's not a good idea, (if we get matched up that is 😉 )

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:09 AM, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

If you're going to roam in wvw I wouldn't recommend celestial anything unless you like dying.  I mean sure you can set yourself up bunker style and be hard to kill but you won't hurt much.  Celestial will give you a bit of everything but a ton of nothing.  Go either heavy damage or heavy condi.  I prefer my marauder soulbeast for roaming.  It's a nasty killer with decent survivability when needed.  What you choose as a roaming class depends on what you like of course.  I just happen to like soulbeast.  

Having said that... if you do run a celestial build please let me know what server you're on so I can come show you why it's not a good idea, (if we get matched up that is 😉 )

While that may be the case with several (maybe even most) others, cele shortbow renegade is my best roaming class hands down. More than enough damage and sustain that I can flip whatever camp I want and win the majority of 1v1 duels I’ve encountered (only class I have issues with is soulbeast, only one I still can win but not the majority of the time)