Celestial FB vs Herald

Dmitry Komarov.2904

Hello, guys! Haven't played for a few months, want to get back to WvW with a decent 1v1 1v2 roamer. I saw Celestial builds created by Vallun and tried to test them, but guess I ain't got enough skill to make proper judgements. I guess I like FB way better than Herald, since I'd been playing power shiro and rene for almost two years and got sick of rene's stance swapping, probably that's why Guard seems to be a bit refreshing, but I am afraid Herald is way stronger (as revenant always is...) 

Would be very grateful If someone could provide comments on the matter without a bunch of jokes about celestial builds... =)
Have a good day!

In my experience from playing and fighting, I would rank Cele builds like this:

1. Weaver
  2. Scrapper
  3. Firebrand
  4. Renegade
  5. Tempest
  6. Soulbeast
  7. Reaper
  8. Core Engi
  9. Herald
  10. Mirage

It's not a strict list of "A > B", but a top 10 of Celestial stats users, and how well they perform in small-scale WvW setting. 

Imo I think after Mirage, using Celestial isn't 100% efficient, and I could argue that even Heralds don't use Celestial all that well either after the Torment changes. 

The problem is that I want to find out about Celestial Herald vs Celestial FB on paper, disregarding one's skills. A lot of people say FB is terrible for 1v1-3 roaming, others say they can easily slay groups of 2-4 people with amount of FB aoe and sustain. Others say Herald is awesome and is better than FB with the same gear.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:35 AM, Dmitry Komarov.2904 said:

The problem is that I want to find out about Celestial Herald vs Celestial FB on paper, disregarding one's skills. A lot of people say FB is terrible for 1v1-3 roaming, others say they can easily slay groups of 2-4 people with amount of FB aoe and sustain. Others say Herald is awesome and is better than FB with the same gear.

The reason for that is that the Guardian has so many different builds, so there isn't really one build to talk about and they can change quite drastically even on the same stats. Not only is the class broad, which lends itself to using Celestial to begin with, but weapons, abilities and traits is a mish mash of rough equality. It is has no standout cookie cutter or it has so many options to whatever recommended build. There's no clear equivalent to just picking up a Shortbow and using Tormenting runes on a Rev.

Arguably the Guardian does it right and that its choices in trait trees represent actual choices means Anet got things right even if it is understandable that choices are a bit more linear on popular builds on many other classes. It also means it can be somewhat frustrating to build and that the gap between the experienced and inexperienced is even larger than simply looking at playing it well. The same could be said for Ele while choices may be a bit more obvious elsewhere, looking eg., at Nativity's list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Why ? Kiting is neccesary to survive, plenty of other classes can do it too.

No other classes can "spam" though. Other classes can cast AoE skills behind them, but they cannot spam them. 

I really cannot think of a class that can off the top of my head.