what being new to WvW feels like

Namikazeminato.9348

23 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I mean.. everyone gets 2 pips extra per tick. If you, lets say, played the same 20 hours a week you would technically get more rewards as you progress the skirmish track faster. The 1% would be the ones who played 20 hours purely in outnumbered and got the extra 5 pips. Would have to wonder how much activity did they put in those outnumbered maps, did they even bother to go to other maps for defense calls? or just sat in outnumbered maps where nothing was going on for their side?

The people that are on the outnumbered maps are the scouts giving those defense call outs. Why do we keep painting the picture that someone who is not on EBG is just standing in spawns? Who do you think reacts to call outs, more likely the people in the borderlands vs EBG. It's the scouts, roamers and havocs facing the outnumbered to do those call outs trying to hold and take where they can with less people that are jumping around or else minding the territory while a group hops off. I don't think this will change with Alliances either unless we are planning on everyone having map queues on all maps at all times of the day. It's fine to boost everyone especially new players, it's not fine to say that the people that stay on a outnumbered map aren't doing anything. Do people really think that once a map gets outnumber people just jump back to spawn and sit around? Let's stop using that strawman/boogie man of the pip hunter. There is more likely more people AFK in EBG than on any map that has outnumbered. So if anything the boost to pips has helped versus hurt the AFK issue that was trying to be addressed. 

15 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

That's not how outnumbered works at all.  MAG doesn't even own EB anymore since they had their shakeups, so could be outnumbered there as well for all I know, I don't like EB so I don't do it.  

Even if EB is never in outnumbered status and is the only map to do so, and you have to go there to get 'normal' pips (as you are losing 2 pips in outnumber maps no matter how you cut it)--you just created an inverse problem to where you have to seek out non-outnumbered to get normal pip gain.  Gratz.  

Last time my server was linked to Mag, it was pretty much that. Mag filled EBG and had mass queues while everyone else needed to cover the other three maps which meant outnumbered on most maps not EBG. For those of us looking for targets that worked because the other servers would then just leave EBG alone and come out to the borderlands in force. It also meant harder fights but that made it fun. But not everyone likes to fight more numbers since the odds grow against them the more the imbalance on the map. So again not everyone on outnumbered maps is just going to stop and go AFK when having more to fight. So that means this 1% number, odds are good that most of that group was active players going into those 1:5 ratio fights and trying their hand anyway.