Translation to Brazilian Portuguese

Please dont, unless you want to see the comunity go to crap. My online friends are all brazilian and even them dont like the brazilian online comunity because of how toxic they are specialy and mainly the ones that dont speak english. I tried another game that had a huge br comunity and i was shocked at how much profanity there was in chat. 

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I come to the request of the Brazilian community of Guild Wars 2 ask for the translation of the game. I know many Brazilians who would love to play GW2, but they don't play because they don't understand and don't speak English. With the translation in the game, you will receive countless new players, this is a fact, we Brazilians like it very much and MMORPG and GW is very complete in this matter. I hope you will consider this petition, we Brazilians have been waiting a long time for this for years! Thanks for the attention!   😉

• Confused 4

Yea Maybe a mod can merge all these threads it is starting to look like the fishing and mount threads  from way back when.

Edit

Oddly it always seem to be new accounts as well so clearly some brazilians is buying and playing the game.

Maybe they can do a wiki translation archive for their fellow gamers or a youtube channel were they read out the missions.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

If these were alt accounts they probably would have gotten this topic locked.

It's far more likely players in one of the several Brazilian guilds got together to organize a request for a translation in the forums.

It would be nice if Arena Net took some of the money those players tossed their way and used it to translate the game. It's probably not going to happen but there isn't much of a reason they shouldn't do it.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Vidit.7108 said:

If these were alt accounts they probably would have gotten this topic locked.

It's far more likely players in one of the several Brazilian guilds got together to organize a request for a translation in the forums.

It would be nice if Arena Net took some of the money those players tossed their way and used it to translate the game. It's probably not going to happen but there isn't much of a reason they shouldn't do it.

Not necessarily as there likely isn’t an automatic flag when IP addresses are the same. Imagine the number of flags for people on large college campuses or those that use public internet such as cyber cafes. 

Look on the first page at the three posts with the white text and dark background. Two of them are long enough to show essentially the same grammar which is a run on sentence filled with commas.  

It’s also odd that 90% of the posts supporting this are first time posters who within minutes of joining the forums, all within a short timespan of one another, happened to find this thread and only post in this thread. 

I get the desire to have the game in one’s language but there’s something very ofd going on in this thread which all of the previous ones didn’t have. 

36 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

I get the desire to have the game in one’s language but there’s something very ofd going on in this thread which all of the previous ones didn’t have. 

It's been here long enough if the mods thought they were bots they could have closed it. By all means report it for botting if you think they're not aware of it.

The messages being similar isn't a red flag to me because they might not speak English, they might just have copy pasted or google translated a message in a guild discord. Arena Net also isn't providing them a space to give feedback in their own language and I would guess it's more likely to get deleted unread or ignored if the requests were made in Brazilian Portuguese. 

• Confused 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, azorean.1850 said:

Please dont, unless you want to see the comunity go to crap. My online friends are all brazilian and even them dont like the brazilian online comunity because of how toxic they are specialy and mainly the ones that dont speak english. I tried another game that had a huge br comunity and i was shocked at how much profanity there was in chat. 

GW2 Brazilian community is very politely. 

Its because GW2 nature itself tend to dont attrackt much jerks, i have see more north-americans being toxic than brazilians.

I particularly don't care about translations.

1. Technically I think it's better to play everything in English, because tutorials and extra material are mostly in English, so it's easier to find something. A poorly translated term can also lead to immense difficulty in finding help, as the English equivalent would be non-existent/little used by content creators.

2. For me it's an opportunity to learn another language. I increased vocabulary by translating words I didn't know before and learned conversation (I never attended an English course), before GW2, I could only "read" English but couldn't express myself or elaborate sentences, over time playing GW2 I learned to communicate and express myself, and even make jokes.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2