Question about EoD legendaries

Abygor.1327

6 minutes ago, Abygor.1327 said:

Hey, so here goes.

Since i can get EoD legendary prec exchange thing without owning EoD, can i get the actual precursor for the legendary whilst not owning EoD ?

or is owning that event item is as far as it goes?

Anet stated, that some new materials (which will probably only be available in EoD maps) will be required for crafting the new gen-3 legendary weapons. So I am pretty sure you require EoD for crafting them. However, the new gen3-legendaries can be traded in the TP, so you can just buy them if you do not own EoD.

The question is still open, whether you can cycle through all six dragon iterations of the EoD legendary without owning EoD, which I highly doubt. I think Anet will add collections in EoD and the next "LS phase" which will unlock the new skins of each Elder Dragon influence.

So, should you be able to buy the EoD legendary off the TP, you will very likely only get the prismatic/Aurene version of the weapon you have bought.

3 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

From the item's description:

I suspect that you can only redeem the precursor if you buy the expansion.

This be the answer.

Must own EoD to turn event trinket into a precursor . Thank you.

3 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I am  surprised by that decision. I thought they regretted the fact the gen 1 legendaries were unbound on creation and that's why gen 2 is bound only.

I think this is yet another time sink like every other collection they released, to keep players engaged and always up to something.

Gen 2 legendaries are far more time consuming than gen 1 and is why i think not many bother with.

And now that gen 3 is tradable with 6 skins to work through, then on one hand you will have ppl that will go through all the pains of making one only to sell and on the other you will have people that will farm gold to buy them. either way it is a winwin for anet .....imho.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:50 AM, MikeG.6389 said:

I am  surprised by that decision. I thought they regretted the fact the gen 1 legendaries were unbound on creation and that's why gen 2 is bound only.

22 hours ago, Abygor.1327 said:

I think this is yet another time sink like every other collection they released, to keep players engaged and always up to something.

Gen 2 legendaries are far more time consuming than gen 1 and is why i think not many bother with.

And now that gen 3 is tradable with 6 skins to work through, then on one hand you will have ppl that will go through all the pains of making one only to sell and on the other you will have people that will farm gold to buy them. either way it is a winwin for anet .....imho.

They mentioned that the additional Dragon skins for the Gen 3 Legendries will be released after EoD launches, and it sounded like they would be rewards for events/achievements or perhaps a new LWS?  Either way, by making these tradable, it allows many more players to engage with the Legendary Skin events when they are released, as players will be able to buy the cheapest Gen 3 and 'start achieving',

This leads to a feeling I have had for a while now, that Legendary items will be pushed more and more as time goes on.  New and easier opportunities to create or own a Legendry item will be presented, and the eventual expectation is that most players will gravitate towards having at least 1 or 2 legendary items.  The new Legendary Amulet from the 'Return to...' series is an indicator of this, and the tradable Gen 3's are another.

I do not expect older Legendary items to become easier either, and I doubt there will be a different way to attain Legendry Armor in the short term.  However I could see Legendry Armor becoming available via a different route down the road, perhaps a couple years from now, but maybe sooner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

They mentioned that the additional Dragon skins for the Gen 3 Legendries will be released after EoD launches, and it sounded like they would be rewards for events/achievements or perhaps a new LWS?  Either way, by making these tradable, it allows many more players to engage with the Legendary Skin events when they are released, as players will be able to buy the cheapest Gen 3 and 'start achieving',

This leads to a feeling I have had for a while now, that Legendary items will be pushed more and more as time goes on.  New and easier opportunities to create or own a Legendry item will be presented, and the eventual expectation is that most players will gravitate towards having at least 1 or 2 legendary items.  The new Legendary Amulet from the 'Return to...' series is an indicator of this, and the tradable Gen 3's are another.

I do not expect older Legendary items to become easier either, and I doubt there will be a different way to attain Legendry Armor in the short term.  However I could see Legendry Armor becoming available via a different route down the road, perhaps a couple years from now, but maybe sooner.

It is the general way of things.

Over time, it makes sense to put things in easier reach of the late adopters. It lets you continue to milk engagement after the early adopters are long done with the content.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:25 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

It is the general way of things.

Over time, it makes sense to put things in easier reach of the late adopters. It lets you continue to milk engagement after the early adopters are long done with the content.

i think this is a better way of it than the ever popular battle passes on top of season passes besides expansions......

• Like 2