What are the requirements for a skill/spec to be reworked?

SkinnyT.5382

New E-Specs excluded, as they are technically still under development; there are many other specs and even more skills that have reached a general consensus that they need a rework. Some were nerfed, others became irrelevant, or were that never useful to beginning with. But at which point does the dev team look at and and say "This is not working we need something new?" and actually start working on it?

I think a major issue is most of what needs reworking are core speccs and I think it's designed intentionally for elites to be better then core. Cores more treated as a learning curve then a end game option. Also I don't think the company have the budget to be able to redesign a entire proffession as reworking part of the proffession would require rebalancing / changing other things to fit. 

I'd rly like to see unused weapons get updates / reworks though tbh. While I think reworking proffessions would be a massive budget cost I feel reworking weapons are no where near the same cost.. so would be very manageable.  

• Confused 1

You can be assured of two things:

1. If the skill/effect is counter to how Anet wants things to work. Good example is Phantasm to Clone rework on Mesmer

2. If the spec isn't played enough by players. Good example is recent Scrapper changes. 

How we know? because Anet tells us these are reasons in the patch notes.  

The point: Seems to me that rework of a specific skill is not always about that skill specifically. It could be more higher level goals than "the skill needs a rework". In the same manner, even if we conclude a skill needs a rework, we can't assume that it will happen if it conflicts with the desired higher level goal. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1