What if Virtuoso's unique mechanic was after images and sidesteps

Hot Boy.7138

Hear me out. If Virtuoso modified other weapons, specifically sword, it could create a spec that really feels like a new way to play mesmer.  I'm imagining a very fast, chaotic playstyle that relies on sidesteps and after images to dance around the target. A fast playstyle that is nothing like phantasm spamming chronophantasma playstyles of chrono.

Sword 1 auto: faster auto chain, third hit also makes the mesmer slice a "hole" into space that explodes  when the next auto swing hits it.

Sword 2: blurred frenzy at its original speed, but with each swing shoots out a projectile slice that pierces 900 range.

Sword 3: Keep the lunge, should be 900 range  causing a wave of about 600 range behind the target that also dazes.

Sword 4: keep the block. But after the mesmer counters by jumping backwards 600 range while firing off 5 ethreal blades at the target.

Sword 5:   ammunition skill with 3 charges that does a short 300 range lunge from a random direction that hits hard.  It's not a disappearing act, but instead uses quick sidesteps to the left, right, or behind the target. It should leave an after image outline of the mesmer at the location where the mesmer first cast the skill each time.

And i would make shatters soft CC skills that makes the mesmer feel faster without actually having quickness or superspeed.

Shatter 1: instant cast ethereal sword that is summoned from behind the target and applies slow and some damage. 

Shatter 2: cast ethereal chains that bind the target to immobilize.

Shatter 3: a quick strike that applies cripple

Shatter 4: a pre cast after image on a relatively short cd that absorbs the next hit and makes the mesmer sidestep in a random direction. 

• Haha 5

On 12/17/2021 at 7:29 PM, Hot Boy.7138 said:

Why discuss anything?

Well, we aren't just discussing ANYTHING right? I think the question people are asking you is valid. You came up with this idea ... why are you sharing it? What is the intent?

Edited by Obtena.7952