New player dungeon experience

3 hours ago, Kathkere.3068 said:

I think I've answered this already. I don't mind waiting. 

Then ask people when they join if they want to go at a decent pace or your sightseeing pace, if they want to finish the dungeon that day throw them out, simple. There are so many tools in this game to make sure your party is made up of people with the same goal. Coming to the forum to complain about it isn't one. No need to be polite, if they ignore the advertisement throw them out instead of complaining on the forum about it. Some random level 50 joined our party and had no clue? Kick, the advertisement was there. 
Which gives better results? Kicking the person who can't be bothered to read or go through the dungeon with them, then come to the forums to complain?

Fun fact, while writing this response I was checking both Dungeon and Fractal LFG. Those 3 groups in Dungeons didn't want to fill while those Fractal groups were going fast.

3 hours ago, Kathkere.3068 said:

Why? Why can't people just read the bloody advertisement? You yourself have expressed frustration over the fact that people don't read what experienced players tells them. Well, I have that exact same frustration. If only people could bother to read, eh?

As I said before. It is not worth their time. People join in groups, because if there are 5 people whose goal is to finish the dungeon, but at different pace, putting their parties on LFG in hopes 4 others magically join is unreal. People don't want to spend time waiting in LFG just to get a party up, so they can waste more time in the dungeon to get the tokens for their runes they'll use in other content that is worth their time. 
People go through the fastest dungeon paths, get 8 different cleared and that's 150 tokens of their choice on top of what they already get.

My final question is; if you are fine with waiting why don't you? Why do you accept people who clearly want to finish the dungeon fast when you just want to go through it at your own pace? 
The story mode does not progress without EVERYONE finishing the cutscenes. Explorable paths are not story either.

8 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Then ask people when they join if they want to go at a decent pace or your sightseeing pace, if they want to finish the dungeon that day throw them out, simple. There are so many tools in this game to make sure your party is made up of people with the same goal.

On this we agree! My friends have told me as much as well. I'm just not accustomed to kicking people. I don't like having to do it, but that's a personal problem and a threshold I have to learn to cross. I just lament having to cross it in the first place. As for whining on the forums... I feel like that's what forums are for, partly? If you check my history you'll see that I haven't been whining that much at all, but when I read the original post (and the responses) in this thread I felt like I wanted to share my experience as someone who's been in a similar situation.

8 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

As I said before. It is not worth their time. People join in groups, because if there are 5 people whose goal is to finish the dungeon, but at different pace, putting their parties on LFG in hopes 4 others magically join is unreal.

But for story dungeons you rarely even need a full group, do you? When I ran Honour of the Waves we were just 3; two at max level and me trotting along at level 70-something as best I could. The group was advertised towards beginners, which is why I joined it, but the two players weren't communicative at all. They said "GJ" at the end and that was pretty much it. I've not actually done any of the paths, might be that they are more difficult and that they actually require full groups.

I still don't think it's a valid defense to say that "people don't want to waste their own time, ergo it's okay for them to join groups that are clearly not advertised towards them". But you are right, I should be more liberal with kicking people I don't think respect what I'm requesting.

Edited by Kathkere.3068

On 1/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, Kathkere.3068 said:

On this we agree! My friends have told me as much as well. I'm just not accustomed to kicking people. I don't like having to do it, but that's a personal problem and a threshold I have to learn to cross. I just lament having to cross it in the first place. As for whining on the forums... I feel like that's what forums are for, partly? If you check my history you'll see that I haven't been whining that much at all, but when I read the original post (and the responses) in this thread I felt like I wanted to share my experience as someone who's been in a similar situation.

But for story dungeons you rarely even need a full group, do you? When I ran Honour of the Waves we were just 3; two at max level and me trotting along at level 70-something as best I could. The group was advertised towards beginners, which is why I joined it, but the two players weren't communicative at all. They said "GJ" at the end and that was pretty much it. I've not actually done any of the paths, might be that they are more difficult and that they actually require full groups.

I still don't think it's a valid defense to say that "people don't want to waste their own time, ergo it's okay for them to join groups that are clearly not advertised towards them". But you are right, I should be more liberal with kicking people I don't think respect what I'm requesting.

Just like I have kicked several hundreds of players in dungeon and fractals before the expansions, if not a thousand more in raid, all for not following the LFG request guideline that require the meta mandate. Neither did I like the concept of kicking, but after 50 games of bad dramas I no longer bothered the toleration.

We all have our reasons, and I'm sure many of them do possess a valid point for dominating an instanced game with customized rules.

But again, you're not chilling with the community, just dominating, and if it's only for the sake of doing Dungeon which has been long considered as easy content, I hope the effort is worth it.

On the contrary, I do chill on dungeon in regular bases, by just went with the flow, with whatever player I got.

Edited by Vilin.8056

First of all sorry you and your friend had to go with that bad experience at dungeons, and don't mind most of these hostile comments on this topic, gw2 community is not usually this awful.

Usually when a player is experienced enough they just want to rush through content as fast as possible, but there are plenty of players willing to help and be patient in case someone new wants to experience Dungeons for the first time and read all dialogue and see all cutscenes. Advertise a new group and say you want to take your time going through all of it, players that join generally are polite and understanding enough to let you go at your own phase.

Just be mindful, Dungeons are particularly tough for non 80 players. The loot enemies and bosses gives are kinda bad so your friend wasn't missing much for not picking the loot.

• Like 1