Rebranding and Repackaging Guild Wars 2

1 hour ago, FrigginPaco.4178 said:

I mean, if it were purely up to me, I would package LWS2 with core, LWS3 with HoT, and LS4/IBS with PoF for the sake of keeping content together in a way that makes sense and is more consumer friendly.

This makes sense, and might entice some new/returning players with proper advertising. Getting a bit more for your money could be the push someone a bit bored with the things they've been playing, and/or looking to come back to GW2 needed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrigginPaco.4178 said:

I mean, if it were purely up to me, I would package LWS2 with core, LWS3 with HoT, and LS4/IBS with PoF for the sake of keeping content together in a way that makes sense and is more consumer friendly.

You really can't purchase Core or HoT separately now, so what you are suggesting is to bundle all currently previous Living World Seasons with Path of Fire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If that were true, they could easily just unlock all past LS chapters for everyone as part of an expansion purchase.

Maybe they don't do this for Living World, but they do already make all past expansions practically free by offering the entire game at a single price point each time a new expo comes out (~$60 in the US).

In the case of Heart of Thorns it was literally made free for Path of Fire players, eventually.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Maybe they don't do this for Living World, but they do already make all past expansions practically free by offering the entire game at a single price point each time a new expo comes out (~$60 in the US).

In the case of Heart of Thorns it was literally made free for Path of Fire players, eventually.

Indeed. And they've just did the "unlock LS chapters for free" action too. But, outside of that action, those chapters still cost the same as they did originally, and were not made free alongside Core and HoT.

The question is, whether this was an omission, or was it because they do produce some noticeable income for Anet - greater than core and HoT sales did.

• Like 1

If I buy a DLC collection for a game I own own Steam, it's clever enough to identify which DLCs I may already own and discount the price accordingly.

I'd like to see ArenaNet do the same for players buying any part of GW2; offer a Deluxe, all inclusive package, and discount the price accordingly if it detects the presence of any of the included content on your account.

That way, a returning player would know exactly what they missed out on and wouldn't risk over-paying for content they were already entitled to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3