Guild Wars 1 Prophecies - Shiros Descendant: The Lord of the Rock

Hello, Devs.

I know Guild Wars 1 is all but a memory for most, and for some an experience never had, but there is a player who is quintessential to the game. Shiro Descendant has been standing, relentlessly, in Ascalon for YEARS, in the same place next to a rock. He is perpetual; I cannot say I have ever seen him log out.

The man deserves a statue, his cat ears cosmetic included.

Do the right thing. Do what needs to be done.

Immortalize this legend with a statue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

Does he do anything, or does he just log in and afk there?

Players who are frequently seen in the same areas can have a big impact on a game's community, but for that to happen they need to do something. Even the ESO player Sleeps-On-Bridges, who does exactly what it sounds like, would also chat to and interact with other players.

Just staying logged in isn't really an acomplishment.

• Like 4

On 1/3/2022 at 1:21 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Never heard of the guy and like Lohk I'm not sure never ever logging off is necessarily a good thing, particularly in a game that goes out of its way to ask you to log off when you've been on too long.

Oh lol yeah. Always hit me in the face when the game said. You've been playing for 5 hours. Please take a break. 

A little moment of... ugh what am i doing with my life.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

For the few people who have a stable job and don't hang out at cosplay events, it really is an accomplishment

I think the majority of GW2 players have jobs (or are in school). But even then it's not hard to be afk in a town. I can't remember if GW1 kicks you for inactivity in towns but even if it does it would be easy to set something up to click through some menus or move slightly every so often to stop it. It's even possible to set a computer up to restart the game if it crashes and log you back in.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think the majority of GW2 players have jobs (or are in school). But even then it's not hard to be afk in a town. I can't remember if GW1 kicks you for inactivity in towns but even if it does it would be easy to set something up to click through some menus or move slightly every so often to stop it. It's even possible to set a computer up to restart the game if it crashes and log you back in.

Outside of PvP areas I don't think the game kicks you for inactivity at all.

• 11 months later...