What role does chrono fit in SPVP now? side noder? duelist?

Axl.8924

Just out of curiosity since i saw  someone mention something and had talks about what abilities it has and don't have. It doesn't seem to fit bruiser at all since they don't have lots of hp and things like aegis.

And if its gonna fit i think it might need some changes or something.

Edited by Axl.8924

I personally put Power Chrono as more of a team fighter and do the same thing that Sic 'Em Soulbeast does.

Bonus is if you use Focus offhand instead of Pistol and just yoink everyone into your GS 4 + GS 2 (precast to last second) + Continuum Split + Blink + Mirror Images + Vomit all your shatters while casting GS 3 to get extra cripple off for the fun of it + Continuum Shift and repeat again if you feel the need for greed.

Condi Chrono is definitely more of a Duelist but can perform in team fights as a confusion bomber with a similar sorta schtick as Power Chrono, but with Sc2 + To 4 + To 5 or Sw 3 + Pi 4 + Pi 5. (Or a mix of both and press CS to reset your whole life unless someone sneezes a condition on you.)

Off Topic:

Yesterday I was messing around with old Inspiration Chrono and was able to get some interesting results on a duelist PoV.

Old Inspiration Chronomancer used to be horrifically tanky and was able to handle things like 1v2/3s. A lot of its traits/utilities still reflect its original sorta light of being a bruiser but no longer can keep that up due to repeated nerfs.

Old Insp Chrono used to have 2 2.25s blocks on the Shield 4 that would reset itself via shattering phantasms and reducing it by 2s. (And since it spawned 2 Phantasms potentially it would reduce it by 4s.)

Further this by the fact old Chronophantasma would allow Phantasms to be summoned one more time after being shattered. You had 8s cooldown reduction on its own.

Plus it had pretty stable Alacrity, meaning it naturally reduced its recharge time by, back then, 33%. Couple that with other phantasms it could use like Warlock, and you had a monster that had a low CD block and could dish out massive amounts of confusion/torment.

The recharge time also used to be 30s instead of 35s like it is now.

(30 * .67) - (4 *  per phantasm) = 16 (with 1 phantasm.)

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever you want it to be.

My condi support chrono works for me as:
1. decapper
2. team resser.
3. roamer.

With sick access to stealth and utilities like mimic, illusion of life, blink, feedback etc I can generally do whatever i want in a match save trying to hard bunker mid. I can be a support focused on ressing with illusion of life and very good stealth/distortion uptimes.
I can decap with best of them if i have blink and mimic on large maps (Foefire, Capricorn, temple of silent storm). Or i can try to bunker a sidenode a bit with a shield. It's nowhere near what real bunkers can do, but long enough to make them waste time on me, and i have great escape tools when things get hot (tons of stealth, blink, distortion).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1