fear is to long

Balsa.3951

57 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

You're missing my point. You claimed you can trade 3 skills, the necro fears, for 1, either a stun break or cleansing sigil, which means you're not cleansing the fear until they used all of it because it's being chained, otherwise you need to cleanse or stun break more. In this scenario, you are going to be condi bombed, period. So I don't understand how you can say this:

It doesn't add up.

no you wont if they hit you with any of their fears, and try to follow up why any skill that is not a fear, it will wear off before they can apply another, leaving it a weak CC that you cant use to generate much damage, they last for 1-2 which is kitten when compared to other hard CCs

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

no you wont if they hit you with any of their fears, and try to follow up why any skill that is not a fear, it will wear off before they can apply another, leaving it a weak CC that you cant use to generate much damage, they last for 1-2 which is kitten when compared to other hard CCs

Ummmm you know that Spectral Ring can chain Fear you by itself, right? Or if you're inside the ring then they can just use any other Fear to make you run into the Ring and chain it? Terror itself also can do damage if they spec it and Reaper chills on Fear. You're not going to come out of that without hurting and this also assumes you had no condi on you BEFORE you got feared, in which case have fun cleansing Fear with a sigil. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Ummmm you know that Spectral Ring can chain Fear you by itself, right? Or if you're inside the ring then they can just use any other Fear to make you run into the Ring and chain it? Terror itself also can do damage if they spec it and Reaper chills on Fear. You're not going to come out of that without hurting and this also assumes you had no condi on you BEFORE you got feared, in which case have fun cleansing Fear with a sigil. 

If you get chain ringed into a wall you gout outplayed.
If you are inside chain ring you can get out of it  easily by being smart, and if you are inside it and get feared you should dodge the fear. Im sorry but you want the game to play itself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

If you get chain ringed into a wall you gout outplayed.
If you are inside chain ring you can get out of it  easily by being smart, and if you are inside it and get feared you should dodge the fear. Im sorry but you want the game to play itself.

It sounds like you're just a necro main, to be honest. See how easy it is to just be derogatory? I never gave an opinion on if necro's fear is too strong, I'm just pointing out your scenarios aren't realistic. 

If you're inside a ring because a necro snap targets it onto you, you can't dodge unless it's a stationary one because the ring is a barrier skill and will pull you from dodge frames and fear you. You can't block either because marks are always unblockable. And what does 'being smart' even mean? It just sounds like a convenient thing to say because you don't have to explain anything.

The only real solution here is stability, if it doesn't get corrupted. 

Your argument boils down to 'Just don't get hit'.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

It sounds like you're just a necro main, to be honest. See how easy it is to just be derogatory? I never gave an opinion on if necro's fear is too strong, I'm just pointing out your scenarios aren't realistic. 

If you're inside a ring because a necro snap targets it onto you, you can't dodge unless it's a stationary one because the ring is a barrier skill and will pull you from dodge frames and fear you. You can't block either because marks are always unblockable. And what does 'being smart' even mean? It just sounds like a convenient thing to say because you don't have to explain anything.

The only real solution here is stability, if it doesn't get corrupted. 

Your argument boils down to 'Just don't get hit'.

being smart like waiting for weapon swap cooldown, walking into the ring and swapping weapon, instantly removing the fear with cleansing sigil, or standing at the very edge, letting him fear you into it so you instantly get double feared and cleansing both fears at once.
or pressuring them from range while you stand inside fear ring,  safely with hard CC, straight teleporting out, thief, mesmer, rev, guard, ele, necro can do it
Also I dont play necro and I think necro is OP, I just dislike people nerfing wrong things.
complain > git gud tho

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

being smart like waiting for weapon swap cooldown, walking into the ring and swapping weapon, instantly removing the fear with cleansing sigil, or standing at the very edge, letting him fear you into it so you instantly get double feared and cleansing both fears at once.
or pressuring them from range while you stand inside fear ring,  safely with hard CC, straight teleporting out, thief, mesmer, rev, guard, ele, necro can do it
Also I dont play necro and I think necro is OP, I just dislike people nerfing wrong things.
complain > git gud tho

Why in bloodstones name would you deliberately walk into a fear ring if you don't have to? If it's to try to worm through the 1 second cooldown between applications, then you're just risking cleansing something else with the Cleansing Sigil and giving a free fear to the necro, which will also hit you with other condi while you try this, especially while you're waiting for weapon swap. This is one of the most ridiculous On Paper vs In Practice scenarios I've ever heard. 

Once again, Ring is a barrier skill and will still Fear you if you try to port through it, just like Dragon's Maw. 

I never complained about the fear, just pointing out how ridiculous these fantasies you have are. 

Edited by CutesySylveon.8290

4 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Why in bloodstones name would you deliberately walk into a fear ring if you don't have to? If it's to try to worm through the 1 second cooldown between applications, then you're just risking cleansing something else with the Cleansing Sigil and giving a free fear to the necro, which will also hit you with other condi while you try this, especially while you're waiting for weapon swap. This is one of the most ridiculous On Paper vs In Practice scenarios I've ever heard. 

Once again, Ring is a barrier skill and will still Fear you if you try to port through it, just like Dragon's Maw. 

I never complained about the fear, just pointing out how ridiculous these fantasies you have are. 

you implied you are stuck inside of the ring, walk into it, cleanse now you are not feared and are outside of it.
GJ you just delt with 40s cd skill.
I do it, I see others do it, practice and you too will be able to do it.
Entire point of walking into it is so you can time it with cleanse/weapon swap in a way nobody can interrupt with cover-condis.
Say what you want about necro but their skills have cast times so that shouldnt be difficult.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

you implied you are stuck inside of the ring, walk into it, cleanse now you are not feared and are outside of it.
GJ you just delt with 40s cd skill.
I do it, I see others do it, practice and you too will be able to do it.
Entire point of walking into it is so you can time it with cleanse/weapon swap in a way nobody can interrupt with cover-condis.
Say what you want about necro but their skills have cast times so that shouldnt be difficult.

Now you're adding other cleanse skills, so obviously it will be much easier to get out of it, but this is also assuming you aren't feared again by the ring during the process, like using an evasive cleanse/stun break that sends you right back into the ring. If you're dealing with necros that can't cover their fears to the point you can use cleansing sigil to regularly deal with it, they're very bad necros.

Fear Ring is one of the strongest utility in the game, you aren't negating it that easily against competent necros. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Now you're adding other cleanse skills, so obviously it will be much easier to get out of it, but this is also assuming you aren't feared again by the ring during the process, like using an evasive cleanse/stun break that sends you right back into the ring. If you're dealing with necros that can't cover their fears to the point you can use cleansing sigil to regularly deal with it, they're very bad necros.

Fear Ring is one of the strongest utility in the game, you aren't negating it that easily against competent necros. 

you act as if your evasive stunbreak/cleanse yeets you in random directions, if you throw yourself back into a fear ring then I am sorry but you suck.
I can get out of dragons maw with ranger LR, and fear ring is infinitely easier to do, if you cant do even that then you need to go practice and not ask for nerfs mate.
Necro fears are FINE, if anything their durations are low, its the rest of the necro that is overperforming.
Unless 1s fear is just kittening too much to handle for people

• Like 1