I always thought its a hoax.. but yesterday i saw one! [Anet pls]

Sahne.6950

On 1/28/2022 at 7:33 PM, Caedmon.6798 said:

Youre reasoning is,if a tree fell and no one heard it,then it didnt fell.

No it is actually only: You have no proof that a tree fell. Maybe it was a tree that fell, maybe nothing was falling, maybe something else fell, maybe you saw an optical illusion.... etc. 

And if trees, in general, happen to fall often, then someone else would have shown a video or picture of it. (Which, with actual trees, happens a lot  😎  ).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Some skill activation is client side and the server does not check if the skill is within its allowed boundaries (cooldown, teleporation range, etc...). Anet did ban players afterwards for teleportation hacks.  So in theory it could be possible that some damage mitigation skills are activated a lot more often than it is allowed and the server does not check this. But I have never seen or tried this myself, so I really do not know if this is possible or not.

As far as I know all abilities and skills are calculated server side.  Otherwise that'd be a massive issue with abilities being hacked via memory to not have cooldowns.  Movement is done via client but is synched to the server so teleportation hacks will always exist.

• Thanks 1

over then bilion hours in google:

the teleport hack isnt a skill

1. the cheating program rewrite the position xyz in memory
  2. the client sync with the server
  3. the server think the client was laggin and send the new position to the other clients

same thing for speed, if all have the same base speed that change with buffs/debuff and the server already know who have wich buff/debuff why theres no server side check ?

i suppose that the client send a stream of xyz to the server so the server have less cpu load cuz he don't have to calculate all players positions