The beta was more balanced, than any other WvW in the last month

Dayra.7405

If you don't believe me, look yourself, http://gw2stats.com/eu/matchups/history/1839 offers a nice history of final scores.

Most imbalanced match in EU this week was what is shown as T5:

528 612 (titan something) : 429 960 : 417 527
Before:
570 279 (FoW) : 454 816 : 412 201 (week 01)
608 284 (FoW) : 354 707 : 409 397 (week 52)
And the picture for NA is similar.

And this just after relink, without any sorting into tiers that happens when a link last longer than just a week.
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

• Dayra.7405 changed the title to The beta was more balanced, than any other WvW in the last month

red totally dominates around 5 pm

blue totally dominates around 7 pm

green totally dominates around 10 pm

-> equal warscore, but totally unbalanced match

equal teams at 5 pm

equal teams at 7 pm

equal teams at 10 pm

blue Karma-trains during the night

-> blue dominates the warscore, but mostly a very well-balanced match

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I think that you both are right. I recognised as well that the results of the matchups were more balanced especially compared to the first matchup after relink. This is true in warscore, k/d, and skrimishes.

It is also true that e.g. coverage is not measured directly and can thus be very different among worlds.

15 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Losing 40k already. Fighting in tier 5 against two (well 4) tier 1 population servers. Even 6 hours outnumbered buff doesn't really make me happy. 😎

We're fighting skill lag inducing BG who is linked with another "full" server... fun times 🙄

And people think they can just rework transfers or links and everything will be fine, like that ever worked in nine years 🙄

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Matchups are usually trashed by transfers.. So with the alliances it seemed to work better.

I strongly agree with that for current T1 (FoW increased from High to Full directly after the last relink) and I would strongly suggest that Alliances don't get transfers during the link period (but maybe a shorter link-periond).

There is a second strong disadvantage of linking server in EU: there are only 27 server, 3 to few to build 15 pairs. 3 Server (2 in fact, as Baruch is special that it cannot get full) remain solo and with that are doomed for 8 weeks imbalance in T5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

I strongly agree with that for current T1 (FoW increased from High to Full directly after the last relink) and I would strongly suggest that Alliances don't get transfers during the link period (but maybe a shorter link-periond).

Although we have some tests and "beta" right now, we are still miles away from a finished version. The question of "transfers" is up to today not resolved although it is a very important one.

6 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

There is a second strong disadvantage of linking server in EU: there are only 27 server, 3 to few to build 15 pairs. 3 Server (2 in fact, as Baruch is special that it cannot get full) remain solo and with that are doomed for 8 weeks imbalance in T5.

It usually is the same group of people that do it.. Fow and GH right now must be annoyed as f right now. Totally dominating the matchup gets boring fast.