Fishing odds

33 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Yea and no. Bait and time of day also play a role. 

Yup I know, as some fishes require specific day condition and baits (as well detailed in achis description) but, aside from that, can I increase the chance of getting a rarer fish in any way?

Edited by Killer.4360

22 minutes ago, Killer.4360 said:

Yup I know, as some fishes require specific day condition and baits (as well detailed in achis description) but, aside from that, can I increase the chance of getting a rarer fish in any way?

More fishing power.  I don't think there's any way to go beyond what you can get from the masteries at the moment.

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

More fishing power.  I don't think there's any way to go beyond what you can get from the masteries at the moment.

Are you sure fishing power affect the rarity of fishing and not just lessen the difficulty of the catch? 

Because I didn't notice any particular increase in rarity by raising fishing power.

Edited by Killer.4360

1 hour ago, Killer.4360 said:

Are you sure fishing power affect the rarity of fishing and not just lessen the difficulty of the catch? 

Because I didn't notice any particular increase in rarity by raising fishing power.

It also increases the chance to get a fish with more rarity. Its written when u hover over ur fishing power in "fishing" in the hero panel. 

Each mastery thingie of "fishing" also gives 20 fishing power.

Edited by SeTect.5918

1 minute ago, Skoll.6754 said:

Has there been any other rods found? I did find a red striped one in the first map, but that one is only 25 fishing power as well.

You can get a Spiritwood Ascended rod for finishing the 30 fishing achiev

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Winola.8214 said:

In a mission an NPC said he likes to use a mystic clover as bait?. Has anyone tried that yet? I am planning to try it out when I have the fishing mastery track full - but if anyone has intel already I am intensely curious. 

That must be one rich NPC...

• Haha 1