Skyscale Mount cannot be summoned [Merged]

Hello All,

After Opening up GW2 with the End of Dragons expansion for the 1st time I found that for any character that did not have the skyscale selected the last time I had logged in is unable to summon the skyscale mount. It appears that it thinks that the skin is set to Shimmerwing though I do not have this skin unlocked and it is not allowing me to switch to the default skin.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: here is a link to the screen shot of the Mount Screen for an impacted character

https://imgur.com/a/3ApFgN2

Edited by Killian Uaid.2046
Added Screenshot link
  • Like 1

I also have this problem on one character. I created a new character, used a lvl 60 boost, and also used 20 tomes of knowledge to boost to 80. That character can see the button to use the skyscale, but click it does nothing. Other mounts work fine.

so far it seems to affect my mesmer who was logged out in shing jea , other characters so far seem ok , but when i open up mount page when i have skyscale selected the mount box is a solid pink.....i switch to say griffon and it shows normal......gimme my skyscale back ;_;

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you for the heads up everyone, I've passed this on for people to look at!

please do , im not sure if its affecting characters who were just logged out in shing jea (ie cantha) , ill check my Renegade since he was also there to see if he was affected too or not =X my engineer back in Metrica wasnt affected , so hopefully this gets resolved soon , i miss my dragon on command that isnt Aurene XD

Had this happen to me. Found out that when I swapped to another character on my account that was unaffected, they would get the bug if I changed the default mount thing next to the hotkeys on the main UI to skyscale. After that it would be bugged with the unowned skyscale skin like the screenshot in the OP.

1 hour ago, Enundr.9305 said:

please do , im not sure if its affecting characters who were just logged out in shing jea (ie cantha)

I dont think it has to do with being in Cantha. It looks like it is affecting any of my characters that did not have the skyscale mount selected before logging out last. If they did have the skyscale set as the hot key mount when last logged off then it is able to be summoned.

3 minutes ago, Killian Uaid.2046 said:

I dont think it has to do with being in Cantha. It looks like it is affecting any of my characters that did not have the skyscale mount selected before logging out last. If they did have the skyscale set as the hot key mount when last logged off then it is able to be summoned.

already pointed out there doesnt seem to be a real pattern ^^ , just that it seems to set it like in the picture , a skin we dont have and such , all my characters had skyscale on the slot and only some of them were affected , all different races and places / regions =X

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enundr.9305 said:

already pointed out there doesnt seem to be a real pattern ^^ , just that it seems to set it like in the picture , a skin we dont have and such , all my characters had skyscale on the slot and only some of them were affected , all different races and places / regions =X

Huh interesting, thanks for the clarification. Here's hoping they get this fixed soon. it is really annoying that some of my characters cannot use the skyskale mount anymore.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jees.5478 said:

I fixed it on my account. On the client i downloaded a different language pack, started the game and the mount worked again. I changed it back to my default language and the mount is still working.

I tried this but it didn't work for me. Which language pack did you happen to update it to?

Same happening here. Made a new character and I can use all mounts except Skyscale (no idea abour turtle yet).

What is worse, every single enemy I hit is invulnerable.

EDIT: I restarted the game and finally I can hit enemies, but the Skyscale problem is still there.

Edited by Telgum.6071