No way to get back to "Secret Cavern" POI in Echovald after exiting the story instance?

After reaching the Secret Cavern while playing the EOD story, I got disconnected while loading the story instance for "Empty", now I'm stuck outside with no way to enter the secret cavern POI. I tried finding alternate routes, events that might lead into the cavern but no luck so far. I'm gonna try replaying the previous chapter, hope that works.

Unless I'm missing something here, this POI seems to be locked behind the story chapter so, for map completion on alt characters would have to play until this chapter to get the POI, which is gonna be a pain for just one POI.

Did anyone find ways to get to this POI by any means other than the story?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Arasan.7089 said:

After reaching the Secret Cavern while playing the EOD story, I got disconnected while loading the story instance for "Empty", now I'm stuck outside with no way to enter the secret cavern POI. I tried finding alternate routes, events that might lead into the cavern but no luck so far. I'm gonna try replaying the previous chapter, hope that works.

Unless I'm missing something here, this POI seems to be locked behind the story chapter so, for map completion on alt characters would have to play until this chapter to get the POI, which is gonna be a pain for just one POI.

Did anyone find ways to get to this POI by any means other than the story?

I'm having the same issue. I accidentally left the cavern before the task, 'board the airship' had finished but as it registered that I had entered the cavern, it now wont let me get back in, so I'm stuck

I exited to character selection screen to retry a achievement and spawned back in defeated, I took a way point to res but now I can't get back into the Secret Cave to continue my story. Is there any way back in that doesn't involve me replaying through content?

Solved.

Almost exactly 1/2 way between the POIs of (South of & to the left) Goa Village and (North of & to the right) Ancient Archives,

You'll see three tree branches on the world map crossing over the path and the door is directly under the middle branch that crosses the bottom  branch and the entrance is right there.  It's on the ground so you don't have to fly over things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Chamelion.9536 said:

Solved.

Almost exactly 1/2 way between the POIs of (South of & to the left) Goa Village and (North of & to the right) Ancient Archives,

You'll see three tree branches on the world map crossing over the path and the door is directly under the middle branch that crosses the bottom  branch and the entrance is right there.  It's on the ground so you don't have to fly over things.

Thank you SO MUCH, I have no idea why it was so hard to find!

11 hours ago, Chamelion.9536 said:

Solved.

There is a door but it doesn't register as an object to interact unless you're on the correct story step, you actually enter as part of the dialog even then, I think. If you miss that then you're stuck, you have to replay that whole story chapter to reach that dialog again. In fact there is another similar door south of the cavern near the Teleri Village, both these doors are accessible only during the story.

13 hours ago, Arasan.7089 said:

There is a door but it doesn't register as an object to interact unless you're on the correct story step, you actually enter as part of the dialog even then, I think. If you miss that then you're stuck, you have to replay that whole story chapter to reach that dialog again. In fact there is another similar door south of the cavern near the Teleri Village, both these doors are accessible only during the story.

How do you replay the chapter? I pressed "Quit" and then "replay" and the story start right from there. In the same Step I was before. So I cannot even do that.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, Chamelion.9536 said:

Solved.

You shouldn't need specialized knowledge on how to bug the map in order to complete on alts.

1 hour ago, marianitten.1247 said:

How do you replay the chapter? I pressed "Quit" and then "replay" and the story start right from there. In the same Step I was before. So I cannot even do that.

57 minutes ago, Ofek.5641 said:

I am stuck as well, I exited the door after I entered and I cant enter again. Replaying the story doesn't work it returns to the same stage and I cant interact with the door.

It's the previous chapter "To catch a spider" you need to replay, the door part comes at the very end of it. 

If interested, there is an achievement for choosing either of the options at the beginning. (Avoiding spoilers) If you've played the story, you'll know those two choices at the beginning of  "To catch a spider" chapter, you can choose the alternate option and get the achievement for that one.

Edited by Arasan.7089
Formatting

Okay so. I had the same thing happen to me. I got around it by getting right up on the door as pointed out by chamelion.9536 then going to the pvp area (crossed swords at the top left) then leaving the pvp area, it puts you back where you were then the option to go through just...kinda appeared.

• Thanks 1

It looks like this has been fixed.

I did exactly the same thing - I finished To Catch a Spider and then left the cavern without starting Empty. But when I went back to the Secret Door I was able to open it again:
https://i.imgur.com/mQXTnbr.jpg?1

Its one of two doors into the cavern, importantly it's the one on the left/west side which works, not the one north of Teleri Village. Here's a map showing the location, and an easy way to find it is that it's just north of a big pink stained glass window.
https://i.imgur.com/YXQqKYl.jpg

I also checked on a character who has not started the EoD story at all, and she wasn't able to open either door but she got the Secret Cavern POI by standing right next to the door north of Teleri Village.

Edited by Danikat.8537