Replacement for Tourment Runes

Innocent.3861

Between the changes to Tourment Runes and Battle Scars, a condi ren that's "too angry to die" doesn't work as well anymore. Any suggestions for replacements for Tourment Runes? I'm running full Vipers with a few Sinister trinkets.

My current hypothesis for a similar build would be full Ritualist with Scavenging runes, but I don't know, any ideas?

It is hopeless for Rev from many nerf.

as I can think  for sustain build for vindicator 

devas for 1-2-3 for sustain life drain. Replace torment rune effect.

corruption for 1-1-3 to have condi removal every 10 sec

sigil fragile for invulnerable to trigger battle scar (every 2 seconds.

sigil stamina( mob killing) hydromancy ( swap 10sec) , cleaning are up to you

rune : no idea, may be snowfall.. why , after jump we have chill pulse 6 time = 6 torment

if you use Ally, you will have quickness from burst and trigger burning instead of diaboric inferno

Ally 2-3-2 or 2-1-2 (mob)

• Like 2

The question at this point is what you want to lean to. Nothing is 'best' at this point without giving some context to what your build is and what you want to do with it. The bottomline here is that you have to give up some DPS to get sustain if you need it. 

Personally, not a big fan of Scavenging because you have almost no poison DPS and the VIT conversion is not great (unless you are going full Ritualist). Torment Runes is still a great DPS setup, especially with Mallyx elite but I've looked at alternatives like Balthazar Runes + some Ritualist gear change over and also a more general DPS setup with Nightmare runes. 

• Like 3

Hi, maybe somthing like this as i did recently changed the armor to celestial due to torment nerf.

Please note i am still testing but seems to work, did not yet think about what infusions I will add.

Also rabid weapons added a bit more condi damage then celestial wepaons and extra precision and extra toughness.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeVlhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjq1/TD-zxQYsoDqhvUKICSIB6qACJE8eWWUNC-e.

• Like 2

Nightmare runes.

19 hours ago, Innocent.3861 said:

Between the changes to Tourment Runes and Battle Scars, a condi ren that's "too angry to die" doesn't work as well anymore. Any suggestions for replacements for Tourment Runes? I'm running full Vipers with a few Sinister trinkets.

Nightmare runes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Nightmare runes.

Nightmare runes.

Yeah, I know Nightmare runes are the best option for raw DPS, but I was also accounting for the survivability that Torment runes used to provied. This the "too angry to die" line, since Rev's old self-sustain has been cut down.

Also, thank you to everyone who's responded so far. Trying out your ideas as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Innocent.3861 said:

Yeah, I know Nightmare runes are the best option for raw DPS, but I was also accounting for the survivability that Torment runes used to provied. This the "too angry to die" line, since Rev's old self-sustain has been cut down.

Also, thank you to everyone who's responded so far. Trying out your ideas as well.

I think Torment is still the best option for a Condi rune with some healing/sustain. Undead or Mirage might be options to. 

If you don't mind moving away from condi runes, Lich or even Tempest (if you aren't already capping duration)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I think Torment is still the best option for a Condi rune with some healing/sustain. Undead or Mirage might be options to. 

If you don't mind moving away from condi runes, Lich or even Tempest (if you aren't already capping duration)

I posted that still work well with condi mirage

I've been playing condi alac renegade whenever the fractals have no pain no gain (power alac suffers heavily from running Mallyx), which has neither tormenting rune nor Battle Scars in the discretize variant. You just need to use soulcleave more.

Edited by Infusion.7149

15 hours ago, Innocent.3861 said:

Yeah, I know Nightmare runes are the best option for raw DPS, but I was also accounting for the survivability that Torment runes used to provied.

Agree with Obtena.7952  -  Torment is still the best option for a Condi rune. And as for survivability (and if you don`t want to change your build (traits options)), can suggest to try equipment with Healing Power stats, say Apothecary's - mix or full.

Edited by taara.3217

I guess ANET change torment rune come from their deign in thief : specter

that use scepter inflict torment in long range.  That mean he just hit and run torment , health gain all the time. 
while Rev is close combat , we have to exchange blow. 
that is unlucky ….

15 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

Agree with Obtena.7952  -  Torment is still the best option for a Condi rune. And as for survivability

Only if you camp in mace, or in  Mallyx pulsating Embrace the Darkness. the whole time. But if Innocent is playing a Renegade, and has access to the short bow, I think that the range adds for sustain more than having 150-200 HP of heal x second, and the +80% torment duration isn't as good as the +20% to torment, burns, bleedds, chills and poison duration. It also varies based on the enemies: now torment is specially strong vs static or cced foes, but weaker vs mobile ones. Burns are still kings in terms of condition damage, and Nightmare runes buffs the duration of every condition.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

Agree, def if u run a Herald.