How would you rate Catalyst?

brandies.8673

Opinions of Catalyst  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate catalyst

2. 2. How would you rate hammer in particular

31 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Hammer? What wizard would in their sane mind thinks 'oh boy I'm really good at bonking things on head '?

Also "catalyst" sounds like an engineer elite spec not an elementalist.

Mostly catalyst is being played as basically core.

1/10 folks 1/10.

It's hard not to sound like a whiner when I talk about it.

Tbf using the hammer as a golf club to launch abilities is pretty cool. Could have worked better if we had long range abilities lol. But yeah it is played like core.

Meh the whole profession has never really hold my interest at all mostly because i just hate the stance dancing which also kind of pains me because i love mage type classes but elementalist just feels extremely annoying to play and its like you do 200% effort for 20% outcome especially if you mess up even a little bit.

Also what is up with constantly making elite specs that force you in melee when i choose mage type classes i never imagine it to be a flailing hobo in a bathrobe slashing a melee weapon at enemies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Also what is up with constantly making elite specs that force you in melee

They don't force you in melee, all specs are perfectly fonctional at range.

On topic, the catalyst is just a pain to play. I hope the next e-spec will offer a new, lighter, gameplay to the elementalist. The next spec better not be yet another spec that focus on aura and got a set of stance as utilities (Just give a light aura spec to guardian, a dark aura spec to necromancer or a fire aura spec to warrior if you feel the need to give an aura spec in the next x-pack). In this regard, catalyst was so uninspired that it's disappointing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Meh the whole profession has never really hold my interest at all mostly because i just hate the stance dancing which also kind of pains me because i love mage type classes but elementalist just feels extremely annoying to play and its like you do 200% effort for 20% outcome especially if you mess up even a little bit.

Also what is up with constantly making elite specs that force you in melee when i choose mage type classes i never imagine it to be a flailing hobo in a bathrobe slashing a melee weapon at enemies.

Elementalist started as ranged class with scepter/focus back during first and second beta, it then moved to scepter/dagger with signet of earth (for immobilize+phoenix) and....that didn't last long. The first ele spec being played semi-competitive was scepter/focus during very first PvP tournament (around the times of Orange Logo) but then the spec wnet quickly in decline due to constant stream of nerfs (phoenix originally was an amazing skill...then it got butchered into uselness....carebears were crying ele was doing too much..on a glass build) and other professions getting easier and more busted with time.

Ranged ele was still somehow playable around late 2014 when GW1 devs like Jon Peters were still around...we had arcane skills and FA builds...a niche playstyle but was still worth playing, then the GW1 devs left and....we now have ...catalyst with d/d.

The main reason why ele is so unpopular now is because :  you spend 2/4 of the time dodging for your life, between a long CD and another  instead than playing the actual game, forced to play piano while formulating some intricate plan in order to deal some pressure at melee range with 180 radius attacks...meanwhile you have professions literally pressing F1 and dealing 10k worth of dmg with no animation or seemingly no hint

I used to enjoy playing FA ele with arcane skills...but that was deemed unfair...by the same playerbase abusing BS like quickness grenades from stealth, elixir of ambition, shadow art deadeye, 333 spam renegade pulsing stability....and the list goes on...so yeah... that's gw2 balance for you

• Like 4