I found my first time in the Jade Sea to be incredibly immersion breaking and unpleasent from a story perspective.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but as someone who enjoys taking the story at my own pace, the introduction to the jade sea was a very annoying experience.

Here I am, first steps into the map. I need to scan areas and prep for the extractors so that we can take on the ocean dragon. MEANWHILE I am getting earblasted by the entirety of dragons watch has they are apparently contacting me from the future where all prep is already done, and they are already at the final stage of taking down the dragon. Talking back and forth with me as if I am there with them and have been the entire time.

I ended up having to just leave the map because of how frustrating it was to constantly hear dialogue from both my current timeline (story) dragons-watch members, and the ones from the future who were fighting the dragon.

Edited by Harrada.8041
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Harrada.8041 said:

Maybe I am in the minority here, but as someone who enjoys taking the story at my own pace, the introduction to the jade sea was a very annoying experience.

Here I am, first steps into the map. I need to scan areas and prep for the extractors so that we can take on the ocean dragon. MEANWHILE I am getting earblasted by the entirety of dragons watch has they are apparently contacting me from the future where all prep is already done, and they are already at the final stage of taking down the dragon. Talking back and forth with me as if I am there with them and have been the entire time.

I ended up having to just leave the map because of how frustrating it was to constantly hear dialogue from both my current timeline (story) dragons-watch members, and the ones from the future who were fighting the dragon.

Why didn't you just turn down the dialogue volume in your settings?

• Confused 3

Because that mutes the story dialogue as well. And I would still be getting dialogue bubbles from dragonwatch members of both "timelines" mixed together. The only real solution is to come leave the map and come back when the meta is over to do your story stuff.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

It is possible to disable map chat. I would enable it again later, but the option is there. Advanced chat box options can be easy to overlook.

I dont believe there is a way to disable global NPC dialogue, if thats what you mean. Both story and Open world npc chat/dialogue fall under the same settings.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Harrada.8041 said:

You are in the minority, but it's a good crowd to be in.  It means you have standards.  This expansion needs a lot of work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Jaunty.6018 said:

You are in the minority, but it's a good crowd to be in.  It means you have standards.  This expansion needs a lot of work.

Tbh at this point i've seen a lot more disappointment from Eod Then praise. if anything its the majority consensus, you see it in game too, unless you go to reddit which appears to be a giant who can kiss anet the hardest contest, have they banned anyone there without a positive opinion to everything? 

Seriously they the sheer hate and toxic chat coming from the final meta is intense. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Tbh at this point i've seen a lot more disappointment from Eod Then praise. if anything its the majority consensus, you see it in game too, unless you go to reddit which appears to be a giant who can kiss anet the hardest contest, have they banned anyone there without a positive opinion to everything? 

Seriously they the sheer hate and toxic chat coming from the final meta is intense. 

I've seen the opposite in-game.  Any time I've mentioned EoD not being perfect I get harassed by the whole map.  They come running with pitchforks.  You're right about Reddit though.  It's bizarre over there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jaunty.6018 said:

I've seen the opposite in-game.  Any time I've mentioned EoD not being perfect I get harassed by the whole map.  They come running with pitchforks.  You're right about Reddit though.  It's bizarre over there.

Reddit is a place of one sided immature kids. Mods are biased af. 

Eod is not perfect, but it has its perks. Unlike other expansions, it bring tiny features,like fishing, skiffs, jb, shared mount, and maybe more.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

That's because most of people enjoying the game are in-game playing it, not arguing on the internet forums. And reddit is... well reddit is a weird echochamber. Usually folks there hate everything and are toxic towards anything positive, so I am surprised to hear they are positive there atm?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That's because most of people enjoying the game are in-game playing it, not arguing on the internet forums. And reddit is... well reddit is a weird echochamber. Usually folks there hate everything and are toxic towards anything positive, so I am surprised to hear they are positive there atm?

I think its more due to the hivemind and bias mods picking which hivemind gets to exist. But anyway, the thing is, people are not enjoying the final meta or do you have map chat turned off? Have you not noticed how toxic the final meta map chat is? 

"enjoying" is subjective here, because its not an enjoyable expansion when the biggest selling point is behind a raid boss that is RNG. And you come here to say feedback only to be told "your feedback doesn't matter" as they "nerf but not really nerf" the final meta and ignore everything people have said about E-specs. 

• Confused 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, Gorem.8104 said:

I think its more due to the hivemind and bias mods picking which hivemind gets to exist. But anyway, the thing is, people are not enjoying the final meta or do you have map chat turned off? Have you not noticed how toxic the final meta map chat is? 

I enjoyed the one time I tried and didn't have any toxicity in my map chat when I have run it (even tho alot of people on the map did sound like a little bit of tired of multiple failed attempts, still nobody was toxic about it). Seen a number of people enjoying it as well. Also that is besides the point I was making. The claim I was responding to was about "general consensus about EoD as a whole" not that one meta. And there is alot of EoD outside of that meta mind you.

That being said I start to wonder what game everyone else is playing because everytime I see another of "big bad toxic everything" I fail to see it myself.

Dating back all the way to the "big bad lfg kicking muh rangur from dungeons" (I did play ranger exclusively back then, ran decent amount of dungeons not ever kicked once 😉 )

On 3/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, Gorem.8104 said:

"enjoying" is subjective here, because its not an enjoyable expansion when the biggest selling point is behind a raid boss that is RNG. And you come here to say feedback only to be told "your feedback doesn't matter" as they "nerf but not really nerf" the final meta and ignore everything people have said about E-specs. 

And where again did you notice me stating anything remotely close to what you said here? or did you mean the "You" at general crows instead of me personally?

• Confused 1