Cannot salvage items aquired while doing the "Aurora: Awakening" sub-collections [Merged]

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Cannot salvage items aquired while doing the "Aurora: Awakening" sub-collections [Merged]
17 hours ago, Double Tap said:

Hello!

We're aware of this issue and are looking into a fix.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I mean it's only been a reported bug since March at least and here it is September and this bug is still here. it doesnt seem to be all of the items not being salvageable just certain maps items .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, F Bombs.5071 said:

I mean it's only been a reported bug since March at least and here it is September and this bug is still here. it doesnt seem to be all of the items not being salvageable just certain maps items .

It was fixed in March and the recent patch broke it again. It wasn't broken that entire time. 

• Like 4

I have the exact same issue with all the "heart" tokens for the Aurora I achievement ; cannot salvage them despite what the description mentions. Not that i urgently need the Unbound Magic, mind you, but at least can we have the certainty that we can delete those safely after buying them, without screwing up the collection, just so they don't senselessly clutter inventory space?

Thank you.

Items acquired or purchased that progress the "Master Of" achievements which is unlocked via the acquisition of the Gleam of Sentience are unsalvageable, despite saying that you can salvage these items for unbound magic. It is regardless of the source -- all of these 'trophies' cannot be salvaged no matter the grade of tool.

Effects: all Living World S3 areas (Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay, Bitterfrost Frontier, Lake Doric, Draconis Mons, Siren's Landing)

Perceived severity: Minor
Blocks progress?: No (This does not have an effect on collection progression)

Can we please get a bit of more urgency fixing this? its been here for a while and seems to get ignore by Anet. SAY SOMETHING AT LEAST please. Everyone here being ignored. And all of these items taking space in my bags and bank... PLEASE!

Edited by Yuxta.7965
grammar.
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yuxta.7965 said:

Can we please get a bit of more urgency fixing this? its been here for a while and seems to get ignore by Anet. SAY SOMETHING AT LEAST please. Everyone here being ignored. And all of these items taking space in my bags and bank... PLEASE!

On 9/19/2022 at 10:27 PM, brakheart.1407 said:

Amazing that it's september 20th, this problem has existed since March and still there's not a fix. I'm having the exact same problem, specifically with Draconis Mons trophies since those are the ones that I've gotten so far

On 9/19/2022 at 8:47 AM, Tellina.2094 said:

Yes quite an old issue, still never fixed.

For the people thinking this has been an issue since March, people here commented that it was fixed back on March 29, 12 days after Rubi Bayer acknowledged that it was getting investigated. Now it's been reported again as of September 13th and on September 16th Double Tap said that it's being investigated again.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:21 AM, AnnColorless.3908 said:

It's been what, a week since you guys broke it? Please fix this thing already. Or make items consumable for UM, VM and karma. Or make them autoconsumable!

For the people who comment after four days the issue has been unresolved for a long time, that doesn't seem reasonable to me for an issue where the stakes are a couple thousand unbound magic.

• Thanks 1

Chiming in to confirm that it's still broken as of 9/22 (since re-breaking in early Sept)

This sure does seem like it's been broken since March, but for anyone who hasn't kept up, it was fixed before and is now a regression. I wonder if that's due to the threads merging strategy?

It does seem like a slightly separate bug this time as well, since from what I can tell, the March issue had the items appearing to be salvageable (but could not be salvaged), but in this case the items don't appear to be salvageable at all. Could be a completely separate issue on the coding end.

• Like 1