[Suggestion] Make Skimmer Mount Relevant in EoD

When I know the expansion is coming,  I immediately went on the quest to get my skimmer mount underwater ability done. I am a little bit disappointed that I cannot sit on skimmer mount while fishing.  I hereby suggest to make the Skimmer Mount More Relevant in EoD 

Please make it so that we can do fishing while on our skimmer and complete quest on skimmer that needs a skiff to complete. 

Thank you very much.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Wouldn't that make the Skiff kinda redundant though? I find Skiff and Skimmer work quite nicely together if you've unlocked underwater skimmer. Boat around on the surface and use the skimmer to get around under the surface.

What they need to do is cater to the Skimmers ability to dive and add more underwater things to explore. There is so much water around Kaineng/Seitung Province...

• Like 1

Choices, Choices, Choices.

Skiff - you can invite friends, and skiff you can detect fish abundant site, so if i choose to use my skimmer for fishing I will give up inviting my friends to fish with me and to be able to detect fish site. 

its all about choices. more choices = always better.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Choices, Choices, Choices.

Skiff - you can invite friends, and skiff you can detect fish abundant site, so if i choose to use my skimmer for fishing I will give up inviting my friends to fish with me and to be able to detect fish site. 

its all about choices. more choices = always better.

You can detect fishing spots with just the rod too. So no you wouldn't lose that ability. Sounds like you just really want the speed to go from spot to spot faster or to abuse it in the fishing tournaments?

You have a choice, fish from land, or fish from skiff, or use skimmer to quickly move between places over/under water. See? Choices! 

Allowing fishing from the skimmer truly makes the skiff pointless. Thus, they aren't likely to ever do it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Runiir.6425 said:

You can detect fishing spots with just the rod too. So no you wouldn't lose that ability. Sounds like you just really want the speed to go from spot to spot faster or to abuse it in the fishing tournaments?

You have a choice, fish from land, or fish from skiff, or use skimmer to quickly move between places over/under water. See? Choices! 

Allowing fishing from the skimmer truly makes the skiff pointless. Thus, they aren't likely to ever do it. 

Allowing fishing from the skimmer doesn't make the skiff pointless, the skiff can bomb underwater enemy, can take 3 friends on the skiff to go on fishing trips. skimmer can't. I play alone, I want the skimmer to be more relevant in my game. You can choose to use skiff, I don't mind at all, I just want my skimmer to have more uses,  why are you trying to stop people from enjoying their skimmer. 

13 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Allowing fishing from the skimmer doesn't make the skiff pointless, the skiff can bomb underwater enemy, can take 3 friends on the skiff to go on fishing trips. skimmer can't. I play alone, I want the skimmer to be more relevant in my game. You can choose to use skiff, I don't mind at all, I just want my skimmer to have more uses,  why are you trying to stop people from enjoying their skimmer. 

ArenaNet has done an amazing job differentiating mounts so they don’t overlap too much and invalidate each other. The closest to doing that is the Skyscale making the Springer obsolete. Even there, in some cases the Springer beats the Skyscale at ascent.

Because the design is do well done, people rightly want it preserved rather than having the mounts “improved” into losing their uniqueness.

Yesterday, after killing the adolescent leviathan, it was great fun to skimmer out ahead of the fleet of skiffs slowly chugging back to shore. The skiff in no way diminishes the skimmer.

Edited by Gibson.4036

i find fishing "mounted' on a pet, very ridiculous.

but the real problem is probably mecanically. mounts implementation become "single object" when a player ride on it.

notice that skiff need "anchor". thats how they solved this for skiff, is a "mount" when riding, and is a "object" when fishing.

but im favor of make skimmer relevant, a good way will launch a very large oceanic map, with a lot of fishing, then underwater "any place" that have been flooded.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2