Vallun's CeleVirt

Quietas.4891

for "open world pve" i mean.......... everything's "viable"..........

i basically used this build but went with inspiration/illusion just to /afk and face tank everything

the damage will always be low, because it's just a lazily designed spec that has absolutely no cohesion as to what it wants to do

your damage is gonna come from phantasms, F1, and F2, yet they all have cooldowns while you're sitting at capped blades and just wasting your entire traitline dedicated to generating them, even with double F1 trait, and the only two condi phantasms that exist aren't even good enough to make use of celestial gear, and you certainly aren't getting any extra damage out of the power phantasms in celestial 

i also decided to try adding in dueling, like this build, when i got bored of inspiration

it didn't change much of anything 

all you get is a thiccer F2, and even then, it's still just not even worth it 

bleed on phantasms isn't gonna change your damage enough for an entire traitline, and neither is "a couple more thousand damage on F2" 

especially when..... that skill....... holy obstructed in tight areas............ 

the only "suggestion" for adjustments i could even give is wait for the devs to take notice and fix something

otherwise play auto attacking staff mirage for more damage while being easier and getting more utility out of staffs overbloated mess of a kit

Edited by Alpha.1308

35 minutes ago, Quietas.4891 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5bV17YgdWM&t=412s

Has anyone played with Vallun's celestial build yet? I've been playing with it a bit and it seems viable, but I would like a bit more dps. Any suggestions for adjustments?

Condi scepter is a bad choice because a huge portion of scepter's damage comes from clones auto attacking.  Which don't exist on Virtuoso.  Virtuoso is the only elite spec to effectively nerf core weapons by 50%.  Imagine if Daredevil nerfed thief dagger auto attacks by 50%.  The players would riot.  Both scepter and staff suffer this issue and trying to run a condi virtuoso with either of them is a huge waste. 

If you're running condi virtuoso for like open world or something, honestly sword would be the better choice since you get a nice evade with blurred frenzy and the new sword 3 can actually help you get out of danger and reorientate yourself into range. 

It's pretty funny seeing him fight the Frog HP in Tangled Depths and he's like barely holding on dipping down to like 2k health when on open world chrono and staff staff mirage I can do that hero challenge without dipping below 90% health. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062

34 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

If you're running condi virtuoso for like open world or something, honestly sword would be the better choice since you get a nice evade with blurred frenzy and the new sword 3 can actually help you get out of danger and reorientate yourself into range. 

i don't like this sentence

i physically hate this sentence

it makes me cringe thinking this is a sentence that has to be so accurate with the state of this spec right now 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 1

Truth be told u r better off running mirage if u seriously want to solo content in open world. Virtuoso does not benefit from running celestial as both damage side on power and condi are very low, considering you dont provide yourself with might stacks or alacrity to benefit from the concentration, and your CD are not lowered enough where you can constantly keep the condi stacks up.

Videos like that are just out for content but knows in terms of viability it is just not there.

• Like 4

Tbh I prefer virtuoso to be a reprieve from the monotony of cele mirage (which while fun does get a bit boring after a while).

Though I also have a power GS farming mirage build with sigil of stamina for extremely lazy tagging of which the only downside is thumb injury from non-stop dodging.

So I want to see big pew pew crits on all the knife throwing to have a different experience and keep things feeling fresh (and after 5 minutes get fed up with how awkward it is and swap back to mirage to get anything done properly lol...)