solo open world play and how it gets worse and worse the higher level areas become, with eod and it's breakbar madness being the worst so far.

23 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

it worked pretty well for wow. the core game sold 40k boxes on average EVERY MONTH SINCE LAUNCH.

hot and pof are not even CLOSE to that performance. 

WoW trivializes its open world content over time with gear upgrades. If you don't have those upgrades their latest open world content will seem every bit as group oriented as HoT if not more so.

Just now, AliamRationem.5172 said:

WoW trivializes its open world content over time with gear upgrades. If you don't have those upgrades their latest open world content will seem every bit as group oriented as HoT if not more so.

i guess you havent played a gear grinder for a while now. it doesnt work like that anymore.

they give you a level boost, and your "triviliziation"= fun for casuals

it actually works BOTH ways. (without the level  scaling at least)

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i guess you havent played a gear grinder for a while now. it doesnt work like that anymore.

they give you a level boost, and your "triviliziation"= fun for casuals

it actually works BOTH ways. (without the level  scaling at least)

what is so hard to understand? hardcores can go in and get their fun while under level.

i can grind 10 levels more and do it later.  if the game has enough content, that is, but GW2 has plenty for that

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

what is so hard to understand? hardcores can go in and get their fun while under level.

i can grind 10 levels more and do it later.  if the game has enough content, that is, but GW2 has plenty for that

Or people can learn the mechanics of the game they play and complete the content if they want rewards. Telling people to keep doing content underleveled (so I guess they'll constantly need to re-create newe characters in order to have that content?) is just weird. On the other hand if the easy content is all you want to play, then you have plenty of the options available in the game already.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Or people can learn the mechanics of the game they play and complete the content if they want rewards. Telling people to keep doing content underleveled (so I guess they'll constantly need to re-create newe characters in order to have that content?) is just weird. On the other hand if the easy content is all you want to play, then you have plenty of the options available in the game already.

have you even tried other mmos? new zones will be added for you to be under levelled in.

plenty of options= the core game , which isnt repeatable. and the only REALLY successful product from anet.

the expansions are underwhelming and underperforming

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

have you even tried other mmos?

Yes and probably none of them were as trivial as core experience here. If it was a sustainable/profitable gameplay, it probably would stay this way.

new zones will be added for you to be under levelled in.

If you want gear treadmill and ever-increasing level cap, maybe pick an mmorpg that has those things instead of the one that is very clear about not having them.

the expansions are underwhelming and underperforming

Yes, I'm sure this company operates for free and keeps releasing underperforming content that isn't profitable.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes and probably none of them were as trivial as core experience here. If it was a sustainable/profitable gameplay, it probably would stay this way.

If you want gear treadmill and ever-increasing level cap, maybe pick an mmorpg that has those things instead of the one that is very clear about not having them.

Yes, I'm sure this company operates for free and keeps releasing underperforming content that isn't profitable.

it is sad, that you slander the best levelling experience in the entire industry. it is also a common theme

among the hardcores. i have said it many times now:

IF THE CORE GAME WAS SO BAD, THERE WOULDNT BE ANY EXPANSIONS AT ALL

IF THE EXPANSIONS WERE ONLY ½ AS GOOD AS CORE , ANET WOULD HAD WANTED TO MAKE MORE ON THEIR OWN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

it is sad, that you slander the best levelling experience in the entire industry.

I don't slander "leveling experience". It's fine as just that: leveling experience, not the main part of the game -repeatable, sustainable content- especially anything near the lategame. Don't try to turn what I said into something it isn't. Whole 0-80 core gameplay is the equivalent of a "get to know the game a little" to me and always has been.

10 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

IF THE CORE GAME WAS SO BAD, THERE WOULDNT BE ANY EXPANSIONS AT ALL

Calm down with the capslock. And it doesn't change anything I said in my previous post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't slander "leveling experience". It's fine as just that: leveling experience, not the main part of the game, especially anything near the end-game. Don't try to turn what I said into something it isn't. Whole 0-80 core gameplay is the equivalent of a "get to know the game a little" to me and always has been.

"none of them were as trivial as this" . and that part is actually the MAIN part for casuals

and "knowing a little " doesnt help much, since they change the game so much either

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, battledrone.8315 said:

"none of them were as trivial as this" . and that part is actually the MAIN part for casuals

Cool, so if "the best leveling esperience in the industry" is what someone's interested in, they're free to keep leveling new characters, I have no problem with that.

Just now, battledrone.8315 said:

and "knowing a little " doesnt help much, since they change the game so much either

Yeah and you don't magically stop learning the game after the core, that's the point of not having a stale, boring and trivialized "leveling experience" type of gameplay throughout the whole game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Cool, so if "the best leveling esperience in the industry" is what someone's interested in, they're free to keep leveling new characters, I have no problem with that.

Yeah and you don't magically stop learning the game after the core, that's the point of not having a stale, boring and trivialized "leveling experience" type of gameplay throughout the whole game.

i was fine with core, so were many others. how is YOUR side doing?

dead, or on farming mode, thats how

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i was fine with core, so were many others. how is YOUR side doing?

Isn't this clear I like the current/expansion/harder[than core] content? Not sure what the point of this question is, what answer did you expect to get?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Isn't this clear I like current content? Not sure what the point of your question here is, what answer did you expect to get?

yep, nothing to see here, everything is fine

just waiting for the "but its an older game, so that is to be expected " line now

its the usual response. and the result is always the same. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

yep, nothing to see here, everything is fine

just waiting for the "but its an older game, so that is to be expected " line now

its the usual response. and the result is always the same. 

You've asked the question, I gave you the response. I'm not the one complaining about the content on the forum because the game didn't stay in its stagnant state from 10 years ago. You don't need to "expect" any answer here, since I've already gave you my answer in the previous post. If that's all, then I also have nothing more to add.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

You've asked the question, I gave you the response. I'm not the one complaining about the content on the forum because the game didn't stay in its stagnant state from 10 years ago. You don't need to "expect" any answer here, since I've already gave you my answer in the previous post. If that's all, then I also have nothing more to add.

nope, youre on the forum, complaining about a  complaint. lol.

enjoy the meta (until they nerf it)

enjoy the raids (which you wont get more of)

meanwhile, ill revel in the fantasy about the expansion, that i didnt get either

its the perfect solution, it makes EVERYONE miserable on an equal scale

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

nope, youre on the forum, complaining about a  complaint. lol.

...so you understand I'm not complaining about the game and its content, like you were counting to make it seem in your previous posts? Good. That's the point: I am perfectly fine with the content moving forward and not stay in its boring, trivial state from the far past. I expect that from the game that's supposed to have some longevity, it's as simple as that.

enjoy the meta (until they nerf it)

enjoy the raids (which you wont get more of)

meanwhile, ill revel in the fantasy about the expansion, that i didnt get either

its the perfect solution, it makes EVERYONE miserable on an equal scale

As I said, I am enjoying the provided content that's not on a face-roll level of the "leveling experience" from the core. No amount of your sarcastic responses can change anything about what I said about that (nor will your claims about "everyone being miserable", when it's not true), so if you're done with addressing directly what I wrote in my posts, then I think we're done here -cheers.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...so you understand I'm not complaining about the game and its content, like you were counting to make it seem in your previous posts? Good. That's the point: I am perfectly fine with the content moving forward and not stay in its boring, trivial state from the far past. I expect that from the game that's supposed to have some longevity, it's as simple as that.

As I said, I am enjoying the provided content that's not on a face-roll level of the "leveling experience" from the core. No amount of your sarcastic responses can change anything about what I said about that, so if you're done with addressing directly what I wrote in my posts, then I think we're done here -cheers.

how do you want me to adress it then? do i have to wear a suit? if so, then im out. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

how do you want me to adress it then? do i have to wear a suit? if so, then im out. 

You can address it however you want, except I think I was pretty clear here about enjoying the content moving forward from being as trivial as the core one, after which you've asked me "how I'm doing with current content" for some reason, apparently hoping I'll randomly change my mind from what I said 10 minutes earlier? Then, after I repeated I enjoy content that's harder than core was, you've again tried to avoid it to pretend "everyone's miserable". So yeah, you can address it however you want, but for now all you do is wish I don't enjoy the game I already repeatedly and clearly said I do enjoy. Seems kind of pointless and baseless.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

You can address it however you want, except I think I was pretty clear here about enjoying the content moving on from being as trivial as the core one, after which you've asked me "how I'm doing with current content" for some reason, apparently hoping I'll randomly change my mind from what I said 10 minutes earlier? Then, after I repeated I enjoy content that's harder than core was, you've again tried to avoid it to pretend "everyone's miserable". So yeah, you can address it however you want, but for now all you do is wishing I don't enjoy the game I already clearly said I do enjoy. Seems kind of pointless and baseless.

i know that you like the content, but anet has already pulled the emergency brakes, and they have made the 

turtle farmeable. so your way was obviously NOT the popular one

money talks...you know the rest

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i know that you like the content, but anet has already pulled the emergency brakes, and they have made the 

turtle farmeable. so your way was obviously NOT the popular one

money talks...you know the rest

PS . those farmers will prolly ruin it for some of the groups, who are still trying to do the meta

and start another totally unnecessary conflict

• Confused 4

I dunno, I kind of expect the third expansion of a game to have more complex/difficult content than the core game... but I understand it's also not a linear thing; some people are going to start playing with EoD, and they clearly took this into account with the design.

certain classes and builds are stronger for soloing than others, but all classes can be built to solo, and gear and strategy are important factors also.

not taking into account that solo play =/= the absence of other players. you can play solo and still get random folks coming to help. but I'm assuming you mean completely 100% solo, in which case you probably want to look at sturdier builds, or builds that utilise minions/pets.

I do agree that steps could be taken to teach more about building and stats in-game which would ease all aspects of gameplay. it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure this stuff out and I'm still learning every day. the EoD mechanics tutorial heart was a fantastic addition, but admittedly I'm not entirely sure how they'd implement stat/trait tutorials. for now, metabattle and snowcrows are good resources, as is the wiki for researching what skills do without needing trial and error.

1 minute ago, hedjeroo.1085 said:

I dunno, I kind of expect the third expansion of a game to have more complex/difficult content than the core game... but I understand it's also not a linear thing; some people are going to start playing with EoD, and they clearly took this into account with the design.

certain classes and builds are stronger for soloing than others, but all classes can be built to solo, and gear and strategy are important factors also.

not taking into account that solo play =/= the absence of other players. you can play solo and still get random folks coming to help. but I'm assuming you mean completely 100% solo, in which case you probably want to look at sturdier builds, or builds that utilise minions/pets.

I do agree that steps could be taken to teach more about building and stats in-game which would ease all aspects of gameplay. it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure this stuff out and I'm still learning every day. the EoD mechanics tutorial heart was a fantastic addition, but admittedly I'm not entirely sure how they'd implement stat/trait tutorials. for now, metabattle and snowcrows are good resources, as is the wiki for researching what skills do without needing trial and error.

Is the tutorial really fantastic?  In my opinion, this stuff is a waste of time because the problem has never been that the game doesn't teach enough about the mechanics.  For years now the story has taught new mechanics with auditory, visual, and UI prompts as well as introducing new concepts in an intuitive way as you progress the story.  Did it stop a certain subset of players from failing and then railing about the difficulty?  Nope.  Not even a little bit.

The problem is that some players are legitimately not interested in learning mechanics.  They don't care about that and it isn't why they're here.  If you keep forcing this stuff all you do is end up annoying the players who already understand the mechanics because they do care about these things and bothered to actually pay attention.

You want people to understand breakbars?  Put it in the tooltips as breakbar damage and slap a number or percentage on the bar like you do with damage/health and be done with it.  This is not a difficult concept.

Combo finishers?  Why not just add a secondary tooltip with right click like we do with other things?  It can explain exactly what happens if you use the combo blast inside each type of field right there in the tooltip so anyone who cares can simply read it and understand. 

We don't need hold-your-hand tutorials for this because the players you design them for will never care.  They just want to play the game.  The rest of us already understand because we do care and these are not difficult concepts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 3/8/2022 at 12:37 PM, kharny.3284 said:

mmo just means it has a lot of players online, not that you have to play with them all the time, this game has always been really solo friendly before and it saddens me that it's getting less so with every expansion.

True this.  I am trying my hardest to "Get Good" but...I will never be good enough, so I play the crap out of the solo experiences.  The less solo stuff to do, the less content I can do...Heavens, I try though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2