[Build] Solo Bladesworn

Orack.4825

Hello,

Little thread to share my Bladesworn build.
I did some testing and so far it goes pretty smooth though champ, legg and still capable of killing trash fast. 
I will never claim it's the best build or so, that just my vision of the class and that build fit my use and playstyle.

What bring this build ?
- 25 might
- Perma Fury
- Decent amount of stability
- 3400 Thougness
- 100% crit rate
- Up to 180% ferocity
- Lot of health sustain
- Decent dmg.
- Good break-bar
- Break CC
- Good flow generation
- Good condi-cleanse

When CC is not needed and you know you won't get blind or the boss don't use block/shield/mitigation, drop "Unyielding Dragon" for "Immortal Dragon" to become stupidly Tanky.
Axe + Pistol are the main wepaon, Axe+Axe work well to but you loose a bit of dmg from fierce of fire.
Greatsword is good for mobility when the boss is moving a lot or when exploring/puzzle/etc. Not a main weapon, lack of dmg.

I don't play enough to buy ascended food or infusion so feel free to improve this part if you want/can.

Build : Bladesworn Solo - OPEN WORLD 

Again, that just my vision on this class and I've good fun with it and work very well against pretty much everything the game throw at me.
If you want to see some variante for Solo Open World, I strongly suggest looking at :
Vallun : Build Video
- Lord Hizen : Build Video

Hope you like it, have fun and a nice day ! 

Edited by Aznarb.6347
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So long as you have MMR and UD together it doesn't really matter what else you slap onto BSW, it will function in PvE. The toughness is probably not even needed, and you can most likely get better sustain from Tactics and PS and a rune set that summons a critter.

Imagine if they nerfed MMR during that update that nerfed sustain.
Like, imagine trying to solo as a Warrior without the Strength Trait line (Shudders) 

24 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Imagine if they nerfed MMR during that update that nerfed sustain.
Like, imagine trying to solo as a Warrior without the Strength Trait line (Shudders) 

They nerfed it already in competitive and had to un nerf it partially cause the also nerfed might generation.

The sustain nerfs last week we're almost all from life steal mechanics and heal on crit mechanics, which warrior had one of that hasn't really been used since Feb2020.

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So long as you have MMR and UD together it doesn't really matter what else you slap onto BSW, it will function in PvE. The toughness is probably not even needed, and you can most likely get better sustain from Tactics and PS and a rune set that summons a critter.

I'm actually playing w/o mmr cuz I was overlooking the new heal (used to have signet and not using it you now). Now than I force myself to use it and can get ride of mmr to get Berzerk trait to boost Trigger even more. The Bladesworn heal is very strong tbh.
Maybe slot back mmr for hardest champ/leggy, don't get enough time to try more today, will see after work.

If you don't plan to do challenging stuff alone, yeah, better to go HP instead of armor. But for what I love doing, Toughness is important, health won't do much to keep you alive.

Edited by Aznarb.6347

8 hours ago, Aznarb.6347 said:

I'm actually playing w/o mmr cuz I was overlooking the new heal (used to have signet and not using it you now). Now than I force myself to use it and can get ride of mmr to get Berzerk trait to boost Trigger even more. The Bladesworn heal is very strong tbh.
Maybe slot back mmr for hardest champ/leggy, don't get enough time to try more today, will see after work.

If you don't plan to do challenging stuff alone, yeah, better to go HP instead of armor. But for what I love doing, Toughness is important, health won't do much to keep you alive.

Different builds for different things. 

This is the build I've been using.    

Just as a side note, the stats it shows on the build don't match what I see in game; my crit rate on my character sheet in-game shows 80.95%, and Crit Damage at 231.6% rather than the numbers it's showing on that build editor, so crit isn't fury overcapped anywhere near what it suggests on that site.    

For a difficult solo you can switch out Berserker's Power for Might Makes Right, and the healing is pretty dramatic any time you start building might stacks with Dragon Trigger. Added in with Immortal Dragon you can heal through practically anything, but swapping either is a pretty dramatic damage difference...I was seeing about a 25% drop in damage on my big hits by trading for MMR, which is why I don't run it all the time, but I also noticed that I didn't really need it. Combat Stimulant is a really good heal, and there's benefits to actually having to use it regularly.    

25k+ health is a nice buffer for damage, and >230% crit damage means you hit like a truck swinging a hammer made of other trucks. I easily one-shot veteran mobs and anything small near them, and even bigger stuff doesn't stand up much. I was quickly dropping shots on Tequatl between 220k-240k (and could definitely go higher), and even without time to build up might stacks I do ~90k dragon triggers on very short fights. It pretty much ends anything not a champion mob in one Dragon Trigger, and most Elites don't stay up long enough to take two of them.    

It's not built with the toughness and healing in mind, but even on harder hitting fights I haven't found that I really need it as much as you'd think... and definitely not enough to sacrifice all that damage on a spec that gets a lot of its fun from dropping the biggest hits out there. You're pretty survivable just with Mintberry Swirl and Marauder gear in regular open world play.

Edited by tclark.8956
clarity

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Why is your resting crit chance 89%, if you have such good access to fury?

He states upfront that his stat window in game shows 80.95% He may have an item or two as a different stat set without realizing it.

Its more likely that his trinkets are Berserker and not Marauder in game.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

FWIW, I ran a very similar build as the OP at one point.  However, I was getting frustrated with CC, so I used mace/shield, body blow (for weakness synergy), and I think sigil of ruthlessness?  (the one that gives might on interrupt).  This allowed me to get enough control to slip in a good dragon slash.

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Its more likely that his trinkets are Berserker and not Marauder in game.

Nope, they're marauder. The only piece I have that's different than the build sheet is that my cloak is celestial because I can't be bothered to farm up and replace it, but the stat difference for just the cloak is negligible anyway. Link to in-game stats. I used the Assassin's choice on the amulet because without it I was only hitting something like 77.something% crit and not maxing out with fury, something I wouldn't have had to do if my crit rate in game matched what it was showing on the build site. 

The tradeoff between damage/sustain/breakbar is very frustrating compared to other professions because it is so all-or-nothing.  MMR is just so far below immortal dragon + berserker power, but breakbar options are so limited without unyielding.