Jade bot, why not skins and option to see them permanently ?

Hello all.

I'm maybe the only one (or not) but i was a little disapointed with the visibility of our Jade bot.

We dont see it often this cute little things, so one of my suggestion would be :

- Why not an option to see it permantly ? I mean, the player could choose to see it always and with an option maybe to desactivate visual of jade bot from other player if they don't like it. If we can see our miniature, why not the cute Jade bot ?

- And why not skin about jade bot ? it's could be fun (and it's mean more money in theh pocket for Arena too ).

What do you think ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Why not an option to see it permantly ? I mean, the player could choose to see it always and with an option maybe to desactivate visual of jade bot from other player if they don't like it. If we can see our miniature, why not the cute Jade bot ?

During one of the livestreams they mentioned that Devs were not excited to create more visual clutter by adding another pet.  From what I recall, they opted for the animation effects for Jade Bot over a permanent Jade Bot to cut down on having all players adding a bunch of polygons to be drawn all the time.

9 minutes ago, Deadly.3298 said:

If you make a good enough argument for gem store options, nothing will be off the table for Anet though

Technically, they could reskin Jade Bot animations any way they wanted and sell them as it is right now.

• Like 3

I understand people like them and want to see them, and that's fine, I would be more than ok with an option that lets players see their own but not others - the maps are already so cluttered with batteries and stations that I'd rather not see a lot of bots. Then again, I usually get annoyed by my own minis, so we are definitely on different wavelengths 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thankfully the devs didn't make it permanently visible. It would be a awful for the map population and IMO would compete for scrapper RPers. 

With your argument in mind stating that it could be additional cash for anet, I think it would be better if they would make a jade bot mini pet instead.

• Like 1