EoD lack of Events/Exp

So, I have a hard time getting the exp, its not much events compared to the old areas, and the metas dont involve much events aswell.

Also, the maps are very "empty"? Did so manny ragequite because of nerfs/end meta or did they do something with the servers?

Ohwell, any suggestions?

9 minutes ago, EKAN.4051 said:

So, I have a hard time getting the exp, its not much events compared to the old areas, and the metas dont involve much events aswell.

Also, the maps are very "empty"? Did so manny ragequite because of nerfs/end meta or did they do something with the servers?

Ohwell, any suggestions?

In Dragons end are lots of Events. 

In seitung it often feels empty bc lots are fishing there. I often see like 15 players on the water there. 

Dragons end is very populated bc so many try to get their turtle egg i guess. Echovald also isnt feeling empty imo. Are mostly kaineng and seitung that do. Tho i dont see more players in...lets say auric basin or tangled depth than in seitung for example. 

• Confused 1

Agreed, if you want to xp the kitten out of EoD, go to Dragon's End. There are tons of events and veteran boss mini events that yield quite a sum, plus the inevitable writs of Dragon's End you need if you choose to acquire the turtle through a vendor. I used XP boosters all along and all my masteries are now maxed, apart from Turle which I don't care about.

53 minutes ago, EKAN.4051 said:

Also, the maps are very "empty"?

Low population. Hardly anybody bought EoD. In my guilds, 3 very big ones and 2 medium ones, maybe 5 out 100 people are in EoD maps, doing random stuff. There is no EoD related chat or discussions in the guilds. I'm guessing it's very low on popularity and it shows. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, EKAN.4051 said:

Ohwell, any suggestions?

EoD exp tips I've found.

Up to 25% exp boost from the Arborstone mastery track. (And then parking your characters at the Arborstone inn overnight. The inn is a small room inside Arborstone.)

20% exp boost for 6 hours if you complete the Seitung Training Grounds heart npc once a day.

Up to 10% exp boost from your guild hall.

Edit: These boosts are to ALL exp. Not just exp from kills.

I then run around and do map completion.

Edited by JSmooth.7654
  • Like 1

Seitung, Kaineng and Echovald all have a surprisingly high portion of events that simply don't pop up or are bugged, to the point some achievements can only be done on the very first time the events happen when a new map spawns on server reset. So you can walk around for a good while and only really see a few of the events you were supposed to see. Best bet is to go to Dragon's End and spam the events there.

Also keep in mind for some reason they made map caps really small for EoD, so also Dragon's End being a bit more dense will have "more people" because they didn't allow for population caps that actually fill the other maps as well.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JSmooth.7654 said:

EoD exp tips I've found.

Up to 25% exp boost from the Arborstone mastery track. (And then parking your characters at the Arborstone inn overnight. The inn is a small room inside Arborstone.)

20% exp boost for 6 hours if you complete the Training Grounds heart npc once a day.

Up to 10% exp boost from your guild hall.

I then run around and do map completion.

I'd also like to add that you can get:

- 30% more from food using Candy Corn Almond Brittle (15%) and Powerful Potion of Slaying Scarlet's Armies (15% and also benefits Shing Jea which has alot of Aetherblades).

- 20% more from the Ascended amulet enrichment (Laurel merchants).

- 5-10% more from guild banner, which stacks with the boost from the guild tavern.

- "Free" XP boosters can be bought for 30min/1 Laurel.

The most you can get solo without any extra costs (e.g no gems or Laurels) or relying on Scribe for banners is ~105%, although some of this only applies to defeating enemies, not exploring.

Ascended food provides more overall experience from exploration, but less from kills.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, choon.6308 said:

Low population. Hardly anybody bought EoD. In my guilds, 3 very big ones and 2 medium ones, maybe 5 out 100 people are in EoD maps, doing random stuff. There is no EoD related chat or discussions in the guilds. I'm guessing it's very low on popularity and it shows. 

A few things wrong with this assumption, I think:

1. Alot of people haven't bought the expansion because it was released at a bad time, on a weekday and conflicting with other game releases as well as being far off from their paydays.

2. Those who have bought it largely aren't talking about it in chats because of potential for spoilers.

3. Many players go through the expansion slowly rather than completely it all at once. Super casual players can take months to get through a single storyline from Living World or an expansion.

4. The majority of the population is either fishing (all over Tyria, not just in Cantha), or playing Dragon's End. The meta tends to have up to ten full maps at once all with 80 players each. That's nearly a thousand players just doing the meta event every time its up, which is unprecedented in the history of this game.

5. The hardcore players are either grinding the new Strike Missions or playing the new specs in sPvP while waiting for WvW Alliances to be released.

Looks can be deceiving, and its easy to develop a confirmation bias.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

A few things wrong with this assumption, I think:

1. Alot of people haven't bought the expansion because it was released at a bad time, on a weekday and conflicting with other game releases as well as being far off from their paydays.

2. Those who have bought it largely aren't talking about it in chats because of potential for spoilers.

3. Many players go through the expansion slowly rather than completely it all at once. Super casual players can take months to get through a single storyline from Living World or an expansion.

4. The majority of the population is either fishing (all over Tyria, not just in Cantha), or playing Dragon's End. The meta tends to have up to ten full maps at once all with 80 players each. That's nearly a thousand players just doing the meta event every time its up, which is unprecedented in the history of this game.

5. The hardcore players are either grinding the new Strike Missions or playing the new specs in sPvP while waiting for WvW Alliances to be released.

Looks can be deceiving, and its easy to develop a confirmation bias.

Same points apply to HoT and PoF releases as well. Why did we have almost a hundred players on starting quest npcs in HoT and PoF then? If all of these points were true, HoT and PoF would have been just like EoD, a ghost town. Don't cover up low population with excuses, it doesn't work. Hard to believe some people go to such great lenghts to deny low player counts and popularity and come up with hundred reasons why it's empty :))

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3