NO FUN ALLOWED

Incurve Giidis.7829

epi dead

fbd aegis gone

just like how you killed chaos chrono, druid, bt, ele

removed all the unique defining elements of the specs instead of just touching the numbers. turning every dps class into a meaningless mush and killing dedicated support motivation by 5man target change

this hybrid celestial meta you seem to be wanting for players is the worst direction for the game

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

heard the elitists and nerds to design a game = game full of bizzare hybrids as the main metas;

this hybrid celestial meta you seem to be wanting for players is the worst direction for the game

Everyone can be everything = plain meaningless without flavor gameplay.. that why celestial, just equal status for every stats! in the end why the meaning of gear stats in this game? remove it, why skills? remove it and let only #1, is the result of "nerf everything" philosophy.

•  
Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 4
  • Confused 9

Bruh, what's the problem with nerfing EPI, which allowed to kill all nearby mobs just when a player pressed one key? Are you supposed to ignore stuff like the sparks of Sabir CM?

Or what is the problem of nerfing the strongest and unbeatable support in the game, who has permanent quickness + healing + stab + aegis + might + fury? Are you supposed to have DPS players NOT DODGING attacks because a Firebrand is spamming aegis all the time?

Druid with 25 might for the entire squad was ok?

What is exactly the problem of giving other professions a chance to fill more roles? Or needing more supports for a content that is supposed to be hard? Dude I'm playing Engineer in PVE for the first time because I like heal mechanist, I'm also going support quickness for the first time because now Necro can do that. 

Again, what is the problem?

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

heard the elitists and nerds to design a game = game full of bizzare hybrids as the main metas;

Everyone can be everything = plain meaningless without flavor gameplay.. that why celestial, just equal status for every stats! in the end why the meaning of gear stats in this game? remove it, why skills? remove it and let only #1, is the result of "nerf everything" philosophy.

•  

ffxiv already has removed stats in favor of ilvl. They removed elemental resistances, etc. there are no builds, only generic holy-trinity roles. Every dps job has a core rotation, interupt, small heal, etc. i'd take the gw2 unbalanced mess over pure homegenized boredom any day. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

ffxiv already has removed stats in favor of ilvl. They removed elemental resistances, etc. there are no builds, only generic holy-trinity roles. Every dps job has a core rotation, interupt, small heal, etc. i'd take the gw2 unbalanced mess over pure homegenized boredom any day. 

I don't know that game.. but they really did this? lolllllz.

i have heard that GW2 is trying imitating things from that game. 

Here in GW2 they new "balance" carrot is about the group passives. buts lolz, just promoting boonstacking, inst promote "skilled gameplay", they will promote is more gatekeeping of specs in groups, because all that will matter is capacity of the group of boonstacking each other. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

I like variety, I get bored doing the same thing over and over, but I'm not convinced GW2 offers that in combat builds. Maybe if they let you stat swap on all armor instead of just legendaries and stopped locking elite specializations behind an unlock process, I'd be saying otherwise. But I haven't had much of a chance to experiment and I'm doubtful it would be all that compelling. In my experience, usually what happens with broader build choices in these games is it's this appearance of having lots of options, but few combinations actually synergize well, so it ends up being the same thing over and over anyway. Not defending FFXIV's system tho, not familiar with it, just talking generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I like variety, I get bored doing the same thing over and over, but I'm not convinced GW2 offers that in combat builds. Maybe if they let you stat swap on all armor instead of just legendaries and stopped locking elite specializations behind an unlock process, I'd be saying otherwise. But I haven't had much of a chance to experiment and I'm doubtful it would be all that compelling. In my experience, usually what happens with broader build choices in these games is it's this appearance of having lots of options, but few combinations actually synergize well, so it ends up being the same thing over and over anyway. Not defending FFXIV's system tho, not familiar with it, just talking generally.

Having playing FF14  since it is one of my 4 main MMOs I play(Gw2 is one), people are oversimplifying it, but there is complexity in timings and such. But with GW2, I agree with you since only certain combos work well with each other. So it really is an illusion of choice in the end with only so many being actually good for most things with limited weapon choices. Being forced to use some you hate. It's why I prefer FF14 over GW2 combat(well one of the reasons at least) because yeah it is homogenized, but it is one of the most balanced games out there. All jobs(classes) are viable there, so it really is take you what to play over GW2 balance issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

this hybrid celestial meta

Lol does nobody know how to buildcraft? I have a power virtuoso dishing out at least 25k dps and an effective Healac Specter. I have yet to work on the other specs, but holy crap at least read the kitten tooltips.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Lol does nobody know how to buildcraft? I have a power virtuoso dishing out at least 25k dps and an effective Healac Specter. I have yet to work on the other specs, but holy crap at least read the kitten tooltips.

Right? I think it's awesome that each of my characters can fill like 3 roles minimum. 

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's not really boredom, considering it allows the devs to focus on the dungeons, story, and bosses. Something that has really worked out for them, because those boss designs and mechanics are crazy good, not to mention the story being good enough to where it's been declared the best story seen out of Final Fantasy in over a decade.

28 minutes ago, RyuDragnier.9476 said:

It's not really boredom, considering it allows the devs to focus on the dungeons, story, and bosses. Something that has really worked out for them, because those boss designs and mechanics are crazy good, not to mention the story being good enough to where it's been declared the best story seen out of Final Fantasy in over a decade.

The story is great, but the world of FFXIV exists only to serve the story. Once the story is done, the zones are mostly dead, nothing interesting ever happens outside of the story. The dungeons "expert roulette" is essentially doing the same wall to wall w/ boss over and over and over for tokens for gear that becomes outdated very quickly. So, yeah story is great but once youre done with story you kind of realize how artificial everything is. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The story is great, but the world of FFXIV exists only to serve the story. Once the story is done, the zones are mostly dead, nothing interesting ever happens outside of the story. The dungeons "expert roulette" is essentially doing the same wall to wall w/ boss over and over and over for tokens for gear that becomes outdated very quickly. So, yeah story is great but once youre done with story you kind of realize how artificial everything is. 

Luckily Yoshi-P (the director of FFXIV, for those not in the know) is okay with people taking breaks from the game and halting their subscriptions until the next big content patch, and outright suggests it to prevent yourself from burning out. I agree with him, no point in making the game a job. I personally just log in on days my static is raiding and play other games (like GW2) on days when we're not doing it.

Edited by RyuDragnier.9476

5 minutes ago, RyuDragnier.9476 said:

Luckily Yoshi-P (the director of FFXIV, for those not in the know) is okay with people taking breaks from the game and halting their subscriptions until the next big content patch, and outright suggests it to prevent yourself from burning out. I agree with him, no point in making the game a job. I personally just log in on days my static is raiding and play other games (like GW2) on days when we're not doing it.

Same. I play FFXIV and I enjoy it. Endwalker was great! I resub every couple of patches to enjoy the story, and then stop. It's is very much a single player game with online elements. GW2 on the other hand is trying really hard to be an actual MMORPG (real open world events, etc.) which I appreciate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

This. RDM main and I only play FFXIV when GW2 is too boring.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Same. Every six months or so I sub to FFXIV to catch up on story and whatever else and after that one month sub I'm always happy to be back in gw2. 

Meanwhile I am subbed to FF14 365 days a year because I prefer it's casual content and balance more over GW2. Not saying GW2 is bad, but I only visit the game like 2 times a week.

46 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

Meanwhile I am subbed to FF14 365 days a year because I prefer it's casual content and balance more over GW2. Not saying GW2 is bad, but I only visit the game like 2 times a week.

I can't imagine subbing for 1-2 hours of endgame a week. Dancing in limsa is fun but not that fun.