Anyone else happy?

Gosh, what a complaining. And I get it, there are issues. I once was member at the Creative SoundBlaster forums. And everyone there was complaining and had issues. If you just looked at the forums, you could think that Creative sound cards are crap. But truth is: Everyone who is happy is just using the product. Everyone who is unhappy opens a thread at the forums. And I'm still happily using my Creative sound card by thew way.

But wow, what an expansion and what a smooth launch! I play EoD since the launch day and haven't had a single crash, no lag, not being kicked out of the story instances and no game-breaking bugs.

The new maps are so nice! I especially like Seitung Province and the Jade Sea and there is so much to go for. I got shivers when I set step on Seitung for the first time and got to look at the beautiful vista there. The starter location couldn't be better. This is Cantha! GW2 desperately needed an expansion and EoD truly delivers.

For now, I finished the main storyline and map completion and now I'm focusing on getting enough mastery points and mastery experience. Last week I mainly hung around in Dragon's End for the many dynamic event chains and meta there that rewards a lot of XP and quite some mastery points. I was lucky and got in the right group to complete the meta event after a number of failures and get the related mastery points and siege turtle unlock as well. (There has been a lot of discussion about the difficulty and rewards and the pro's and cons which I don't need to repeat here) But apart from the difficulty, the meta itself is designed very well. I still fail most of the attempts but for now I still need mastery experience so all the pre-events are still rewarding.

I like the strikes as well. I did all of them except for the last one because it looks a bit too complicated for my skill level. But that's okay. The other EoD strikes have a good difficulty level for me. Challenging but doable.

The masteries are quite nice. Especially the Jade Bot does what masteries should: Bring new abilities to existing, max-level characters. Only the vitality bonus of the Jade power core is already worth it. The Arborstone mastery track is a bit lame tho. It just brings NPCs to an area of the map. This is not what masteries should be imo.

The new elite specs I probably won't use. I only play Elementalist and are still happy with Tempest and I don't want to lose my nice overload skills for something else.

Skiffs and fishing are nice. Not something I would have opted for but now it is there I will surely make use of it. The Fishing Achievements and titles are awesome. My main account has the prestigious "God Walking amongst Mere Mortals" title from GW1. This took me 10 years so this is not something my second account will ever have. But how cool it would be if he can get the "Cod Swimming Amongst Mere Minnows" title?!! 😄

As achievement hunter the expansion brings a ton to go for in the long run. When I'm done with my masteries that will be my goal. And I'm keeping an eye on AyinMaiden's excellent Youtube channel because she always has great guides that makes completing the achievements quite easy. Perfect for a lazy day when you're stressed out from trying to complete the final meta.

Overall I just want to share that I'm happy that there IS an expansion. While the Icebrood Saga started great when it included new maps Grothmar Valley, Bjora and Drizzlewood, everything went down the drain after that and we had a long boring content drought. But the wait was worth it. I hope that ArenaNet keeps focussing on making expansions and living world releases featuring new maps as open world content and open world achievements is what I like most in this game.

A happy GW2 and EoD player.

/bow

I screenvid I took just after arriving in Cantha.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 5
  • Confused 7

I enjoyed the short but quality story and exploring the maps. Fishing is cool but seems kinda irrelevant to make it a whole mastery line, yet it's the only one I cared to max so I could actually fish around the world without the otherwise forced struggle. Overall I have to say it's a good expansion. I'm still playing HoT and PoF more tho. I would say I'm content but won't be going back except to make my cp number higher eventually 

Edited by scarlettmoonbabe.6932

49 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Gosh, what a complaining. And I get it, there are issues. I once was member at the Creative SoundBlaster forums. And everyone there was complaining and had issues. If you just looked at the forums, you could think that Creative sound cards are crap. But truth is: Everyone who is happy is just using the product. Everyone who is unhappy opens a thread at the forums. And I'm still happily using my Creative sound card by thew way.

Overall I just want to share that I'm happy that there IS an expansion. While the Icebrood Saga started great when it included new maps Grothmar Valley, Bjora and Drizzlewood, everything went down the drain after that and we had a long boring content drought. But the wait was worth it. I hope that ArenaNet keeps focussing on making expansions and living world releases featuring new maps as open world content and open world achievements is what I like most in this game.

so to sum it up... if there aren't complaints, it's good, if there are complaints, it's good?

and im sure 99% are happy there is an expansion in the first place, doesn't mean they can't talk about issues with the expansion

and i dont know how much achievement hunting youve done, i've pretty much finished 2 maps, other 3 are like 80% done, there are so many bugs it's like the whole thing was never QA tested.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

But wow, what an expansion and what a smooth launch! I play EoD since the launch day and haven't had a single crash, no lag, not being kicked out of the story instances and no game-breaking bugs.

Woah, thats a high bar on quality you got there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

so to sum it up... if there aren't complaints, it's good, if there are complaints, it's good?

and im sure 99% are happy there is an expansion in the first place, doesn't mean they can't talk about issues with the expansion

and i dont know how much achievement hunting youve done, i've pretty much finished 2 maps, other 3 are like 80% done, there are so many bugs it's like the whole thing was never QA tested.

I mainly posted this thread because I think that the current sentiment at the forums doesn't do the quality of the expansion justice. The complaints itself are overall very valid and I surely have complaints myself and I also have many things I would have chosen differently if it was entirely up to me. I would have preferred a more classical Cantha over a high-tech one. I would preferred two more maps. I would have preferred player housing and a Hall of Monuments over fishing and another mount. But that's not up to me and I'm still having a hell of a great time in GW2 right now and I'm missing a bit of the enthusiasm that players have in game to be reflected back here in the forums.

But for EUR/USD 30,- and no timely fees this expansion delivers great value for money, especially for players that keep playing as EoD will be the platform the next Living World releases will expand on. For free.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I mainly posted this thread because I think that the current sentiment at the forums doesn't do the quality of the expansion justice. The complaints itself are overall very valid and I surely have complaints myself and I also have many things I would have chosen differently if it was entirely up to me. I would have preferred a more classical Cantha over a high-tech one. I would preferred two more maps. I would have preferred player housing and a Hall of Monuments over fishing and another mount. But that's not up to me and I'm still having a hell of a great time in GW2 right now and I'm missing a bit of the enthusiasm that players have in game to be reflected back here in the forums.

entirely different issues, vast vast vast majority of complaints isnt asking for more content, they are about existing content

9 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

But for EUR/USD 30,- and no timely fees this expansion delivers great value for money, especially for players that keep playing as EoD will be the platform the next Living World releases will expand on. For free.

that is simply gw2's chosen business model, not an excuse for anything

• Like 2