Is power willbender even possible or worth it?

Rapscallywag.6825

5 hours ago, jpsssss.7530 said:

Wait so both power and condi are sitting at 40k+ dps parses?

That 40K Power Willbender bench is incredibly unrealistic. Willbender does not have any passive Aegis. That build relies on 100% Aegis uptime to reach that number due to Unscathed Contender. I don't think there is a single comp out there that will have 100% Aegis uptime, LOL

• Thanks 3

I guess it's common sense that those benchmarks are to be taken with a grain of salt and can't be reached on many bosses due to mechanics / phases in the fight resulting in dps downtimes. But it shows the potential of the build.

Nevertheless, it's a totally viable power dps build for willbender, so any boss where a DH would be a good pick, power willbender should do the job just as good.

• Thanks 2

The biggest advantage to power Willbender is flexibility.  The condition damage comes purging flames and maintaining justice passive.  Power willbender gets its damage from weapon skills and directly from the flames itself.  This lets it do two things with minimal damage loss: use the other virtue skills, and use different utilities depending on circumstances.  The ability pop f3 and become nigh invulnerable, or to pop f2 and self heal for significant amounts while losing very little damage makes the power willbender much more durable than the condition version.  

On 3/16/2022 at 12:09 AM, jpsssss.7530 said:

Wait so both power and condi are sitting at 40k+ dps parses?

They're not. The Virtues Willbender is a complete meme and falls apart at 100% of content that isn't the Golem. The actual Power Willbender spec is at 35k on Snow Crows, it's not great.

How nice of Vallun to make so many builds but what even are those stat and sigil choices? This stuff even isn't budget. Is he rolling dice to see what to equip? Bladesworn not even in the vicinity of 100% crit is pure masochism. :classic_blink:

I use this build for general pve. I don't know if power is the best, but I have fun with it. 

You can solo most elites with it. I've even solo'd a champion with it once, but I think I got lucky. 

I forgot the runes I use.  **EDIT** I use Pack Runes. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWzAEx7lVwQYqsJWLO0L/RVA-zRRYBRNGMMA-e

Edited by Mysticjedi.6053
Looked up the runes I use.

It amuses me abit when people rely solely on dps on golem to judge a class's combat performance.  Unless you are fighting a prop boss,  these values mean so little in the face of the so many factors of real combat. Power WB can put out some number of dump golems, but hard to land those hits on things that..... you know... move,  or better yet things that fight back with blind, cc, snaring condis, like a player that play both hands.   So, yeh, power WB is abit rough right now,  you gotta work extra hard to get the numbers of other classes that can simply hit 1 1 1 1 2 that i could name.

• Like 2