[Discussion] Catalyst Update 15.03.2022 [Merged]

Ruffy.2835

3 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I think its one of thoughts ele has been nerfed so often now with out any real buff for years that ele players are showing open aggression to anet. Tempest lost its 10 target support and got nothing to make up for it so catalyst could get an 5 target quickness effect and that was just nearfed hard.

Catalyst has become the best example of just how anet thinks of the ele class and the ele player base. A never ending set of nerfs to an set of effects that where never that good to start with and nearly impossible to make work right in an real world way. That and the general disregard for a player base with "we think its in a good places" statements that do not mean any thing to any one beyond telling the players "we dont care to even make an real excuse to why we are doing this."

Still no one of a kind effect for ele by for the fact that its missing MOST of the effects in gw2. Catalyst dose not seem to be any different.

Anet hates the ele class and the ele class players anet should not be shocked if the players start to hate anet.

I don't think Anet is shocked or cares about Elementalist or Mesmer.

Mesmer also got nerfs upon nerfs that never did anything beyond broke 5 different things that were never good to begin with.

But unlike Elementalists, who makea scene when they get treated unfair, and let Anet know, Mesmer forums fill with people that have never played mesmer, and only kept losing against them in PvP and WvW cause they couldn't find the real one, praising Anet how that nerf was deserved and asking for more nerfs.

No wonder our 2 classes are the worst in the game.

1 minute ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Mesmer also got nerfs upon nerfs that never did anything beyond broke 5 different things that were never good to begin with.

But unlike Elementalists, who makea scene when they get treated unfair, and let Anet know, Mesmer forums fill with people that have never played mesmer, and only kept losing against them in PvP and WvW cause they couldn't find the real one, praising Anet how that nerf was deserved and asking for more nerfs.

I did not watch mesmer as much as ele so i do not comply know but i must say chron not being THE alacrity class and general cdr support seems just wrong on so many levels.

Keep in mind the dagger mesmer is better then catalyst (not saying that much sadly) and seeing how that the "new thing so the player base can forgive for new toys" you simply cant hid just how bad catalyst was before the nerf and just how much worst it is after the nerf. There is no hope left for the ele class that kind of where mesmer would have to go and mesmer would have to lose a lot to get to that point (boon strips quickness alacrity stealth 1,200 ranged blinks reviels strong pulls high hp fast non projectial long ranged attks.) Ele truly has nothing.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I did not watch mesmer as much as ele so i do not comply know but i must say chron not being THE alacrity class and general cdr support seems just wrong on so many levels.

True.

Keep in mind the dagger mesmer is better then catalyst (not saying that much sadly) and seeing how that the "new thing so the player base can forgive for new toys" you simply cant hid just how bad catalyst was before the nerf and just how much worst it is after the nerf.

Yeah, i'm a mesmer main, so i of course tried Virtuoso, but i also have an elementalist, and tried Catalyst and... From the two, yeah, Virtuoso's better (even though it needs fixing still). Catalyst was clunky for me from beta, and honestly that didn't improve for me on release, i just don't know how you're supposed to play this espec. There's too little energy to do anything with the sphere, and hammer skills are weird, idk... Definitely didn't need a nerf, it needed a redesign in my opinion, or at the very least, leave it as it was.

There is no hope left for the ele class that kind of where mesmer would have to go and mesmer would have to lose a lot to get to that point (boon strips quickness alacrity stealth 1,200 ranged blinks reviels strong pulls high hp fast non projectial long ranged attks.) Ele truly has nothing.

Yeah, you guys kept losing more an more lol, i barely see you anymore in WvW. Chrono at least has one good Raid build and one decent boonstrip build in WvW, ele lost all support capability more or less over time. WvW was full of Tempests, now, if i see one Weaver in a group, that's a lot. 

But i equally don't see Virtuosos or Catalysts in WvW either lol...

Just now, Thundabolt.8541 said:

I hate to necropost, but I'd be very embarrassed if I nerfed Catalyst, only to then announce "oops now it's underperforming"

Can we have a bit more clarity please? Who is making these decisions, and why are they being made if they're not even being tested?

I don't know who is responsible, but admitting you made a mistake is part of being an adult.

Also as play testing is done with generic game testers and not players that spend hours at the golem that know combat math it is probably partly due to ignorance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 3:18 AM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Uhm... Mesmers actually do pretty dang well.

some say mesmer is bad but then i play my infinite horizon staff or axe/torch-pistol mirage and even after the nerf to torment runes, i still can solo pretty much anything in open world that i wouldn't even dare attempt on my ele. so i really don't get why people say mesmer is so terrible, to me, it's not. hah.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pallas.8150 said:

Uhm... Mesmers actually do pretty dang well.

1 hour ago, fixit.7189 said:

some say mesmer is bad but then i play my infinite horizon staff or axe/torch-pistol mirage and even after the nerf to torment runes, i still can solo pretty much anything in open world that i wouldn't even dare attempt on my ele. so i really don't get why people say mesmer is so terrible, to me, it's not. hah.

That's because both of you are only scratching the surface. Anything is "good and viable" in open world. I can solo stuff too on my cele weaver, trailblazer renegade and whatever. 

But play it in WvW, sPvP higher tiers and anything except chronomancer in raids, and it quickly falls apart. It's not good. 

I'm not going to repeat everything that makes mesmer problematic, go read the mesmer forums for explanations if you're that interested. Suffice it to say, i can bring my minstrel warrior with worst rune and sigil combo and do fine in open world. Doesn't mean anything, and it's not a metric of how good/bad something is. 

If you enjoy something in open world, that's great! I enjoy Virtuoso in open world, it's kinda fun. Doesn't mean it's a good spec, or that it doesn't have tons of problems.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

That's because both of you are only scratching the surface.

The same one can say about ones prefered PVP or WvW ))

It`s whole different, full-fledged and equivalent parts of game (OW, PVP, WvW).

Anything is "good and viable" in open world.

Open World is not only "hearts and mobs" - it`s Champions and Bounty Boards )

I can solo stuff too on my cele weaver, trailblazer renegade and whatever. 

"hearts and mobs" - agree.

Edited by taara.3217

2 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

The same one can say about ones prefered PVP or WvW ))

Ok... You didn't get the point of that, but sure... 

2 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

It`s whole different, full-fledged and equivalent parts of game (OW, PVP, WvW).

Open World is not only "hearts and mobs" - it`s Champions and Bounty Boards )

"hearts and mobs" - agree.

Don't act like a victim. Like i said. Anything can be viable in open world because it's intended to be done by multiple people, but if you really want to to open world the unintended way, there's builds for that too. It's not like elementalists can't do that. 

But to say mesmers are great because there's one build that does well in open world, and completely disregard everything else is asinine. 

Besides, i never claimed elementalists are perfect. They're obviously not, and next to mesmers, probably the most nerfed class. But i'm not trolling your class pretending everything is perfect and doesn't need fixing. 

So take your open world builds and go have fun, they don't mean anything.

Now that the catalyst is buffed again,

feel free to discuss in here, too

I'm glad  that they tried to fix it quiet fast and  the changes are really a benefit. Still, compared to other professions and how hard it still is to make a proper rotation, the dmg output (~39.2k outside of hitbox) is to low. They really should now adjust the dmg, that catalyst does at least 40.0 k regarding the playability of the profession.

A useful suggestion even for the quickalyst would be to make the sphere fields movable around the catalyst, so its not "flushing" a field with one shot, but rather "spreading" the field contiously for the duration around the catalyst

Edited by Ruffy.2835
  • Like 2

Hammer so bad it made me stop playing GW2.

Sword was bad too but at least it filled a niche. Hammer has no niche. It was so poorly designed that it's only useable in PVE and directly competes in PVE with sword.

Just a really stupid, pointless weapon. No amount of buffs going to fix it. Needs serious rework to make it playable in WVW/PVP.

Edited by Winchester Smythe Anus III.2153
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1