Tired of people complaining about harbinger

6 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

It's a question of risk/reward and ease of use. It is much easier to land those autos on harbinger. And there is less risk for harbinger. 

While I personally don't have any problem with harbinger, I agree that harbinger is much stronger than reaper nowadays.

To burst on harbinger with vicious arc which is not only your burst but also your escape (contradicting design) you have to go in. Also you have no dmg absorbing shroud and an life reducing debuff. So how is there a LOWER risk for harbinger?

You can critize the 100%  dmg modificators or i dont know what. But to tell me harbinger is lower risk... Guess we wont find a solution cause we play different games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bale.3851 said:

To burst on harbinger with vicious arc which is not only your burst but also your escape (contradicting design) you have to go in. Also you have no dmg absorbing shroud and an life reducing debuff. So how is there a LOWER risk for harbinger?

You can critize the 100%  dmg modificators or i dont know what. But to tell me harbinger is lower risk... Guess we wont find a solution cause we play different games.

I don't think its a contradicting design but an intended one thought harbinger to make choices between more survivability and more damage at any given moment between choices of skills to use in shroud and elixirs to use. It overall looks like an exercise of trying to make a soulbeast with counterplay instead of just balancing soulbeast.

Realistically... I would have found it cooler if they based the new necro spec off of the speakers and focused around using phantoms (phantasms) and doing some bleeding in with mesmer rather than thief/engineer. Then we could have a necro spec that does temporary summons to do their bidding to fit within the lines of a necromancer instead of what we have now. Also the name "harbinger" would make sense!

31 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

Realistically... I would have found it cooler if they based the new necro spec off of the speakers and focused around using phantoms (phantasms) and doing some bleeding in with mesmer rather than thief/engineer. Then we could have a necro spec that does temporary summons to do their bidding to fit within the lines of a necromancer instead of what we have now. Also the name "harbinger" would make sense!

Wouldnt that be another AI specc like minionmancer which most people dispise and that for a reason?