Why is nobody talking about Ione?

Bast.7253

Is there context that explains what Ione is? 

A forgotten goddess leading to tremors in the earth, but possibly not coming from Ione?

So is this a demonic presence causing the tremors given that it's found in the jade sea? There's also a mention of the ley-line conflux being beneath the harvest temple, so whatever is down there may be drawn to ley-line magic similar to the dragons. 

This felt like a pretty interesting lore nugget for speculation but I don't see anyone saying much about it. Maybe I missed the thread.

• Like 1

I'm not fully familiar with what you're talking about regarding tremors, must've not found it, but Ione, Elora, and Alua are the Three Queens, demigods worshiped by the Luxons alongside the Five/Six Gods (though their patrons were Balthazar, Grenth, and Lyssa). I did notice shrines to each of them in Dragon's End, I guess there's a plaque I missed at Ione's?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I'm not fully familiar with what you're talking about regarding tremors, must've not found it, but Ione, Elora, and Alua are the Three Queens, demigods worshiped by the Luxons alongside the Five/Six Gods (though their patrons were Balthazar, Grenth, and Lyssa). I did notice shrines to each of them in Dragon's End, I guess there's a plaque I missed at Ione's?

There is a book in the Jade Sea somewhere that mentions tremors, and people giving offerings to Lone.

*edit*

found it

https://i.imgur.com/Ea1jFiV.jpg

*edit* *edit*

1630 CC is apparently the year Primordus woke up, if that might mean anything.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509

Interesting. I don't think it relates to Primordus. Even if the tremors reached Cantha in GW1, Primordus' existence was largely left unknown until after Zhaitan's rise according to Sea of Sorrows novel, so that would imply a lack of earthquakes, let alone them happening for 30 years. Though the date chosen is a bit suspect. Primordus was said by Jeff Grubb in an interview to have moved about (though Season 3 potentially retconned this into him still being at the CTC at its start). But it wouldn't surprise me if EoD writers forgot / were unaware of either of these two factoids.

55 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Interesting. I don't think it relates to Primordus. Even if the tremors reached Cantha in GW1, Primordus' existence was largely left unknown until after Zhaitan's rise according to Sea of Sorrows novel, so that would imply a lack of earthquakes, let alone them happening for 30 years. Though the date chosen is a bit suspect. Primordus was said by Jeff Grubb in an interview to have moved about (though Season 3 potentially retconned this into him still being at the CTC at its start). But it wouldn't surprise me if EoD writers forgot / were unaware of either of these two factoids.

It could be tremors related to the Jade Sea, or things within it like the Jade Maw, "dejading" deep underground, and causing shockwaves as its breaking up. IIRC that area is right near the giant jade cavern you can take your boat into.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509

I believe that there is a man standing next to the "Origins of Ione" book that gives it bigger context. He states that the tremors were thought to be Ione reaching out, perhaps angry at the lost luxon culture, but that this was not true. They discovered that the tremors were likely just due to the Jade melt that was discovered at the Jade quarry. The melting of the Jade would cause the tremors felt as things fell loose and settled. This is paraphrasing as I cannot find the man on the wiki.