Rot wallow venom

Tdub.7628

Been testing some plaguedoctors gear and maximizing rot wallow. The amount of torment you can give to another player seems significantly more than torment you apply through target enemy skills. I have been ally targeting a lot in fractals and spamming my sc/p 3 and seem to be cranking out tons of heals and torment for my party. I don't enter shroud much for this since I loose the RWVen applications. It's more about spreading the RWV to the party while teleporting around spamming heals and barrier. It's been a lot of fun compared to the way druid or hb work.

• Like 2

It's decent torment damage when supporting, and gives some good boons/barrier. However, you lose out on the poison from deadly arts and any power damage. The build editor with full ritualist, kitten, trick, specter, tormenting runes + the RWV GM trait have RWV doing the same damage per stack as scepter/pistol 3 - but, as I said, you lose out on like...6 stacks of poison from kitten (you're proccing Deadly Ambition on both and Panic Strike on the first of the flip skill, iirc). 

That said, it seems more effective to AA an ally, as RWV torment is stronger than the torment applied by the AA attack. 

You'll still do more damage actually attacking an enemy, but I like how anet has incorporated this method of giving support specters a way to deal damage.

• Like 1

I've been mixing my ally enemy targets up as well. When I have the initiative, I will sc/d 3 on the enemy till I'm out, then blast a random ally with auto attacks since the RWV is stronger then regular auto attack. Once initiative returns switch back to enemy so I can benefit from the poison applications of duel attacks. 

There's plenty of barrier/healing from auto attack to save an ally from death. Sometimes if I'm trained with the shallow grave I can prevent their down entirely. 

Edited by tswehr.2143
  • Like 1

Rot wallow venom is disappointing when zerging in WvW.  You can’t apply enough stacks when you target a single ally and using shroud is weak since it may be applied to support builds and spread across too many enemy targets.

Applying damage directly is underwhelming since you burst a single target.  The anti-condition meta doesn’t help either.

29 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

Rot wallow venom is disappointing when zerging in WvW.  You can’t apply enough stacks when you target a single ally and using shroud is weak since it may be applied to support builds and spread across too many enemy targets.

Applying damage directly is underwhelming since you burst a single target.  The anti-condition meta doesn’t help either.

What it does help with though is tagging for support based heals. You get much better loot and participation just by spreading your barrier around because you get some minimal damage applied. 

Still a power and cc heavy meta though.

1 hour ago, saerni.2584 said:

What it does help with though is tagging for support based heals. You get much better loot and participation just by spreading your barrier around because you get some minimal damage applied. 

Still a power and cc heavy meta though.

I've been hoping anet would eventually add some power damage to the trait - I find I enjoy my support condi build more than any sort of support power setup I can cook up just cause of this. It looks like anet is looking for specter to remain a primarily condi spec when doing support stuff (since there doesn't seem to be a single power damage trait in the entire spec), but still. 

2 hours ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I've been hoping anet would eventually add some power damage to the trait - I find I enjoy my support condi build more than any sort of support power setup I can cook up just cause of this. It looks like anet is looking for specter to remain a primarily condi spec when doing support stuff (since there doesn't seem to be a single power damage trait in the entire spec), but still. 

That could end up being a lot of Power damage ticking on top of upfront damage if you can cleave stuff with your stream while topping off your tether or if you're good at spreading barrier around consistently while you fight. Or it would be hard to mitigate your damage anyway since power is upfront and doesn't stack to get cleansed. I'm probably missing something that could make it work but be legit also. 

9 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

That could end up being a lot of Power damage ticking on top of upfront damage if you can cleave stuff with your stream while topping off your tether or if you're good at spreading barrier around consistently while you fight. Or it would be hard to mitigate your damage anyway since power is upfront and doesn't stack to get cleansed. I'm probably missing something that could make it work but be legit also. 

I don't think the scepter/pistol #3 skill applies barrier to allies anymore - iirc that got removed, if that's what you're referencing. Insofar as I'm aware, specter really isn't good at spreading barrier around while they fight excluding the big boom from Consume Shadows. Maybe I'm missing something here.

1 hour ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I don't think the scepter/pistol #3 skill applies barrier to allies anymore - iirc that got removed, if that's what you're referencing. Insofar as I'm aware, specter really isn't good at spreading barrier around while they fight excluding the big boom from Consume Shadows. Maybe I'm missing something here.

During Beta Endless Night could hit three allies giving them all barrier. It can still give one ally barrier or if you select a different target during cast more than one. The massive amount of barrier to multiple allies is gone though. Even if I could fluidly tab to different allies that monstrous initiative cost doesn't make it seem all that great to me compared to mechanist barrier blast.

Endless Night enemy target can still strike three enemies though.

15 hours ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I meant clotheslining badguys between you and your tether with whatever. I feel like spreading Barrier right now, having to get past all the event gates for the new stats and stuff, is mostly patching up hot spots. It's frustrating watching the team panel more than anything but that's probably not going to be a big deal down the road in tighter groups, and popping off a full Consume Shadows doesn't feel like it takes too long.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I meant clotheslining badguys between you and your tether with whatever. I feel like spreading Barrier right now, having to get past all the event gates for the new stats and stuff, is mostly patching up hot spots. It's frustrating watching the team panel more than anything but that's probably not going to be a big deal down the road in tighter groups, and popping off a full Consume Shadows doesn't feel like it takes too long.

Don't know what you're saying, then. RWV only applies if you're using the skill on an ally, so adding a tidbit of power damage wouldn't matter in scenarios where you're using it to hit an enemy. 

3 hours ago, Curennos.9307 said:

Don't know what you're saying, then. RWV only applies if you're using the skill on an ally, so adding a tidbit of power damage wouldn't matter in scenarios where you're using it to hit an enemy. 

I mean just for hitting stuff in general. Scepter and Shroud skills still do straight damage and will tag stuff in between or cleave. 

Edited by kash.9213