Removing the turtle collection to get the mount is saddening.

Like title says. After a while of thinking and not trying to bash Anets decisions but I think this one is truly something that affects the community and gives a domino affect. What I mean is, Anet’s reason for content to not be hard and let the community ‘develop’ so that they can do harder content goes against of what they have said with letting people just buy the turtle. And what they are trying to do for the community. What I mean is them completely going away from people having to do the EOD strike and completely avoid the meta. Avoid the jade maw that players already have done. Because a gemstore item was created, they wanted people to spam the credit card rather than do something that could potentially make the community better and instead led our community to give up.

Why is this bad?  Because raids are dead until Anet decides when strikes are done till a certain rate that they think is efficient enough to develop raids. With which they have said until the community does more of these then we can decide to make more. Raids. But if Anet let’s players avoid the strike in itself to get a Mount to earn it…. How can all these players develop to do strikes? They won’t. We are stuck in the same spot as a community. Players will give up, not try to do anything harder than open world. Hell many players won’t even do open world since players gave up on the new meta. 

so in this instance it was a lose lose. Content that anet wants the whole community to get involved into but removes what the community needs to be involved to do them. 

Anyways Im more upset because there was potential in making the community better so that within the future we could get more harder content because more players would play. However seeing this hurts because I know that we’re stuck in the same spot. Anet will just release more open world maps.  And instanced content will be pushed in the back burner waiting 3-4 months for 1 new instanced content that lasts 5-10 mins. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 17

They haven't removed the collection.

They've changed the very first step in unlocking the collection so you can either get the egg for free by successfully completing the Dragon's End meta event or you can buy it for 200 Writs of Dragon's End (which you get by completing events on that map, including the meta). But once you've done that you still have to complete all the other steps to actually unlock the mount, just like before.

The pack in the gem store is just skins, which you can't use until you've already unlocked the turtle, just like all the other gem store mount skins. They're not selling the mount itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don’t understand why ArenaNet went for the one time rewards to try and get people to do their ultimate meta and strikes. Seems to me that a great deal of players who want these things will do them exactly as many times as needed to get the things, then go back to what they used to do without a second thought.

Why not put the best gold/hr behind their meta to beat all metas and new strike missions? That way there would be a steady, ongoing pressure for players to keep doing this content.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2