I really dislike Untamed

Silvoshipnos.2089

Untamed felt too me like the last spec that got finished and looks and feels like that. Created with maximum time pressure and maximum reuse. Not even a new spec. Just a recycling of already existing spells and animations. Sad.

And it is absolute crap. Not even appearing at any dps ranking. Feels cumbersome and boring to play. And not rewarding dps wise as well. No support functionality. This spec is dead 😞

Edited by Rhokaz.1975
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

In terms of numbers and performance, it's objectively the worst EoD elite spec of the bunch.

Low DPS numbers in endgame PvE.

0 support. Besides core utilities (spirits).

Mediocre WvW roamer.

Unviable and trash tier in Zergs vs Zergs (your pet dies instantly).

Mediocre in AT sPvP.

Significantly outperformed by Core Ranger and Soulbeast in Ranked sPvP.

And all of that with a clunky, needlessly spammy, high-maintenance low reward playstyle.

You have to stare at your UI for a tiny little icon to pop up every 15s, THEN Unleash to pet, THEN Unleash again and perform your Ambush skill, but you better be quick or don't cast anything alse or you'll lose the ambush skill. THAT'S how badly designed it is.

It's supposed to be a CC centric spec, but if you try to do any CC you do like negative damage (specially in PvP), so it's almost never worth it.

Also, the new pets are absolute trash, all of them.

BUT MUH CATALYST!1!   RIGHT?

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:54 PM, Kichwas.7152 said:

Where am I wrong?

Here

On 3/21/2022 at 7:06 PM, Kichwas.7152 said:

Now we finally have a spec were we keep our core theme, and that's what you want removed, again?

You talk about "keeping our core theme", as I said, druid doesn't remove the pet or do anything to it and soulbeast removes it temporarily, merging and unmerging are relevant parts of the soulbeast gameplay in competitive gamemodes.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:18 AM, Silvoshipnos.2089 said:

First of all, you are wrong, druid keeps the pet, it just entirely ignores it and sometimes it splashes a heal if you have cultivated synergy. Soulbeast removes it

Druid: Healer only spec.

Soulbeast: Put pet away spec

Druid isn't a healer only spec, it has had many condi builds in competitive gamemodes and it's really good at decaping in pvp. Really nice job in quoting me as far as it is convenient for your point cropping my sentence in half.

If you hate pet classes... why are you on Ranger?

I don't hate pet classes, I like ranger and I'm enjoying mechanist a lot, it's just that Anet doesn't seem to have any good ideas for new mechanics that improve on the design of the pet. I'd rather have something that works better than something that doesn't work at all and given that the untamed has many interesting capabilities in WvW, where the pet becomes a hindrance, I'd rather see it removed.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:19 PM, anduriell.6280 said:

Are spirits and banners part of the untamed specialization or are you just planning into notifying  me for every small change?

You are the one who said that they wouldn't rework untamed because they already have our money, why would they be making any changes to old things if they already have out money?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The effects on this elite spec alone are enough to make be NOPE right out. Sorry, not into playing Goober Green. And even if they were to remove all the green slime, slobber, and fart clouds, I wouldn't want them to take away the pet like they do with Soulbeast. I play Ranger for the pets...which is why I don't like Soulbeast as an elite either. I only play that one when I have to. 

For folks looking for something to love their Rangers for...not sure why ya'll don't try the Condi Druid by Paper Roll, or another comparable Condi Druid. It's a boomtastic build...easy to play...survivable...and puts out decent dps. That build is what made me really fall in love with my Ranger main character. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1