If I don't get the Siege Turtle, what happen to my EoD XP?

So I am capped on Mastery in EoD and haven't got my Turtle Egg yet, therefore haven't unlocked that Mastery tree.  Am I still collecting Spirit Shards somehow or am I locked out of XP in EoD maps until I get the Siege Turtle Mastery unlocked?

If I am still collecting Spirit Shards, at what rate (how much XP per) and how would I know when I received a Spirit Shard for 'leveling'???

• Like 1

If XP has nowhere to go, it defaults to spirit shards. They fixed that a while back (it used to go nowhere). It's 254k XP per shard; you won't be able to see it if there are any unfinished masteries for the region you're in.

Edited by Healix.5819
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

If XP has nowhere to go, it defaults to spirit shards. They fixed that a while back (it used to go nowhere). It's 254k XP per shard; you won't be able to see it if there are any unfinished masteries for the region you're in.

Thanks, I had heard this before but couldn't confirm if I was actually getting the Spirit Shards (lack of trust as to what Anet has been releasing recently).  I was hoping there was a way to identify when you got a Spirit Shard this way other than seeing your total go up in the Wallet.

• Like 2

They really need to change something about that XP bar. People keep asking the same question for a reason: this display method, with the XP bar stuck at maximum even when you don't want to (or can't) level another Mastery, is super unintuitive and confusing. Those people need to be able to see their current XP progress.

• Like 2

It really would be nice if when the xp bar was full it swapped to a shard bar, or they just toggled a smaller bar on top for shards. Heck even just let us toggle shards in the mastery window before mastery is maxed if we so desire to. For the most part its not that important but there are moments where i would like to know when i am gonna explode and launch enemies away from me, potentially disrupting the people i have playing alongside. *cough cough* Labyrinth doors during halloween *cough cough*