So about the sustain nerf?

Rekhaa.2748

Do you mean a rollback of the nerf ? No, and not planned as far as I know.

Personally the only thing I really can't stand is the healing power contribution in Battle Scars... 0.006% is just a bad joke.

Edited by hash.8462

14 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

Its too bad.

With their poor execution of these nerfs, they basically killed power thief and scrapper for open world.  They were already behind condi builds, and now the gap is massive.

Wouldn't say they've killed it. 

My brother plays a scrapper and has solo'd everything fine tbh. Open world content isn't rly hard enough to oppose enough of a challenge to be a problem for any build providing they make sense. 

And I've solo'd the whole game with a zerker daredevil using a raid build and found it really easy. Even soloing HoT HPs. 

I guess I just have no understanding to what people are struggling with. I've done the whole game on every proffession, using snowcrow builds without any sustain traits or utilities and found it pretty easy. 

Even full DPS weaver.😂 Was alittle harder but still remained easy enough 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Wouldn't say they've killed it. 

My brother plays a scrapper and has solo'd everything fine tbh. Open world content isn't rly hard enough to oppose enough of a challenge to be a problem for any build providing they make sense. 

Some open world content is hard.  Unless you're saying any build can solo legendary bounties, dungeon paths, meta events, etc?

Point being, these nerfs were lazy, and targeted a specific mechanic of sustain without compensation and without context.  Scrapper was already behind mechanist for sustain and damage, and it did less damage than Holo with about equal sustain I would say, but it got a nerf?  Power Thief even with 20% IP was still squishier than condi builds and did less damage.  Thief actually had great build diversity for open world, now it has none.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

Some open world content is hard.  Unless you're saying any build can solo legendary bounties, dungeon paths, meta events, etc?

Point being, these nerfs were lazy, and targeted a specific mechanic of sustain without compensation and without context.  Scrapper was already behind mechanist for sustain and damage, and it did less damage than Holo with about equal sustain I would say, but it got a nerf?  Power Thief even with 20% IP was still squishier than condi builds and did less damage.  Thief actually had great build diversity for open world, now it has none.  

Legendary bounties are not solo content lol. It's amazing the expectation has reached this far. 

In most mmorpgs soloing that level of open world content would off the bat be considered overpowered. 

Your asking to solo content which wasn't developed to be solo'd. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Legendary bounties are not solo content lol. It's amazing the expectation has reached this far. 

In most mmorpgs soloing that level of open world content would off the bat be considered overpowered. 

Your asking to solo content which wasn't developed to be solo'd. 

Its not an expectation, its a challenge and something players strive towards.  It was just one example of challenging Solo content.  Heart of thorns hero points aren't designed as Solo either right?  So why did you use them as an example?  Saying it doesn't matter if there is kitten balance because who cares you can 'beat the game' on any build doesn't make much sense to me.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

The only point I can agree on was thief.  The difference between thief and the other sustain nerfs made at the same time is that thief's version of sustain actually came at a significant cost (sacrificing a big damage grandmaster trait) where all of the others were massive amounts of free sustain. 

I suspect this was done specifically to limit specter as it's a spec that deals strong damage along with significant amounts of healing.  The combination of the two in addition to healing on crit might have been fairly ridiculous.  However, this wasn't an issue for other thief specs, so it feels pretty unfair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ironically, spectre is by far the best solo build now. For damage and sustain.  

For Scrapper, maybe the barrier was too much in wvw?  But Scrapper already deals less damage than holo or mechanist so now it having worse sustain just doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

Its not an expectation, its a challenge and something players strive towards.  It was just one example of challenging Solo content.  Heart of thorns hero points aren't designed as Solo either right?  So why did you use them as an example?  Saying it doesn't matter if there is kitten balance because who cares you can 'beat the game' on any build doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes it is a challange but u can't call it dead on the back it can't do it. ALOT of speccs can't do that content. 

I'm saying I was able to do them, not that I should be able to do them difference realistically. 

I ain't saying anything. I'm saying there were speccs extremely overpowered in open world and needed balancing as these speccs vastly outdid the others options. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

Ironically, spectre is by far the best solo build now. For damage and sustain.  

For Scrapper, maybe the barrier was too much in wvw?  But Scrapper already deals less damage than holo or mechanist so now it having worse sustain just doesn't make sense

You are correct there, the fact they nerfed sustain to release another 2 Overpowered speccs OW wide made 0 sense 

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

You are correct there, the fact they nerfed sustain to release another 2 Overpowered speccs OW wide made 0 sense 

That's the point, nerfing no-eod spec before the release is a really bad idea for people who don't have already buy eod. So i'm not surprise if some EoD spec have insane sustain.

Anyway i'll see this later but i don't like how they do this.

• Like 1

I googled up a staff thief soloing a champion real quick.  I admit that this is likely beyond me personally, but I've certainly done a fair amount of content with power thieves.  I tend to favor Marauder's, though, but that's still largely glass.

Really, this just comes down to patience and memorization, and I admit I lack a lot in the first department. 🙂 

Anyways, I would be careful about branding someone a liar like this.  GW2 content in the open world is typically not that hard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rekhaa.2748 said:

i'm getting older and i'm not really good at this game, is this a problem?

Tbh I think alot of people could be alot better then they beleive.

A major issue that drives problems are builds / utility's / gear set ups, now given the fact they just turned alot of solo builds on their heads and introduced new ones means barely any theorycraft has happened. New dominating builds aren't entirely released yet to see which leaves people having to attempt to homebrew a build. 

Also I can to a degree understand your anger. They took barrier off scrapper to hand it to the new elite locked behind another expansion purchase, do not beleive I think you don't have the right to be angry at that sorta situation, because you very much do. 

However it's very likely over the next month or so new builds will be solidified and most people will forget these nerfs most likely.

Cele weaver and mirage (well tormenting rune was but alot of solo mirage builds didn't ever actually use it espically the staff/staff one) weren't touched by the nerfs, renegade and scourge still are very strong solo wise even with nerfs and Holosmith still does have a rly good solo build without requiring EoD. 

Thief is still pretty strong but yeah their strongest options now locked behind the expansion and machinist is likely the easiest solo experience and locked behind the expansion. 

I wouldn't know what to recommend here. 

They've said a balancing patch is happening next week apprantly. Also there's a major balancing patch in the summer, maybe take a break from the game til those have dropped and see where the games moved to would be my best recommendation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

so, you don't have any proof? you shouldn't say something that you can't prove, man. someone might call you a liar.

Is that really necessary?  He's saying he did the story content solo with a glass build.  Is that some kind of miracle in your book or are you thinking he's claiming he can solo legendary bounties here?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rekhaa.2748 said:

Of course not, and these changes shouldn't prevent you from surviving, although they may require you to adapt as changes generally do. 

Nearly all of these nerfs were appropriate.  Again, I think only thief wasn't fair in that it was likely only done to prevent a toxic interaction with the new specter spec.  Invigorating precision was a fair trade, giving up a big damage trait for sustain.  Now it's too weak to justify taking it.  The other changes targeted mostly no-cost sustain that deserved a nerf.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Rekhaa.2748 said:

Just pointing out that a few years ago peoples would have loathed players that use sustain traits and that the end game content was done full glass. And what could be done then can still be done now.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Just pointing out that a few years ago peoples would have loathed players that use sustain traits and that the end game content was done full glass. And what could be done then can still be done now.

Hilarous indeed.

10 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh I think alot of people could be alot better then they beleive.

A major issue that drives problems are builds / utility's / gear set ups, now given the fact they just turned alot of solo builds on their heads and introduced new ones means barely any theorycraft has happened. New dominating builds aren't entirely released yet to see which leaves people having to attempt to homebrew a build. 

Also I can to a degree understand your anger. They took barrier off scrapper to hand it to the new elite locked behind another expansion purchase, do not beleive I think you don't have the right to be angry at that sorta situation, because you very much do. 

However it's very likely over the next month or so new builds will be solidified and most people will forget these nerfs most likely.

Cele weaver and mirage (well tormenting rune was but alot of solo mirage builds didn't ever actually use it espically the staff/staff one) weren't touched by the nerfs, renegade and scourge still are very strong solo wise even with nerfs and Holosmith still does have a rly good solo build without requiring EoD. 

Thief is still pretty strong but yeah their strongest options now locked behind the expansion and machinist is likely the easiest solo experience and locked behind the expansion. 

I wouldn't know what to recommend here. 

They've said a balancing patch is happening next week apprantly. Also there's a major balancing patch in the summer, maybe take a break from the game til those have dropped and see where the games moved to would be my best recommendation. 

It's not like if i'm angry, i just play gw2 casualy some month per years, so when i see a nerf to casual player before an expension release i just don't understand and move on, but your right waiting a bit more to see the futur patch/change could be a good idea.

But i'm just not sure if i'll continue playing gw2, the nerf is just a good reason for me to end this game, eod have average review and i getting bored faster every time i came back here, anyway thanks for your advice.

Edited by Rekhaa.2748
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

your videos are outdated. and if anyone say that they can do something but they actually can't then they're liars, simple. it's a common thing you know?

Yeah, that video was pre-nerf, but the player in the video isn't even using the trait properly.  He's using a full melee build and dodging out instead of staying on offense where he can use the trait to heal himself.  If he had had pistols swap and actually stayed on offense he would have killed the boss in a lot less time and with less difficulty.  This was a really poor example.

I would stop harping on about this.  It doesn't prove anything and you're just being rude for no reason.  This boss can be done solo quite easily with any class by simply kiting around.  Its only means of attacking a ranged target is to use a highly-telegraphed charge.  So just swap to pistols and push 3 and you win.  You think that's impossible on a glass build?  You can even do it with a glass build at melee range, if you want to take more risk:

If glass ele can do it, anyone can, right? 😉 

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I would stop harping on about this. you're just being rude for no reason. If glass ele can do it, anyone can, right? 😉 

instead of accusing me of being rude, you should warn everyone not to lie. and people still looking for 'his' proof, not an excuse. btw your video is also outdated, it's not even a thief.

• Confused 5