For the people struggling to catch exotic fish

Try to fish with circa 500 fishing power. Some of you might need to lower your fishing power to get there, instead of buffing it to 800+.

Maybe I am just mega lucky, but I caught 2 exotic fish I need for collections (Unicornfish and Sturgeon) on my third casts with 510 fishing power.

Earlier I was fishing with 210 and struggling to catch anything other than "blues" and "greens" (with a very few "yellows") in the mix.

My theory is there are optimal fishing power values for each of the rarities, and that it is possible to have "too much" fishing power in some cases.

Just a theory.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's just anecdotal evidence, but I can concur that there does seem to be something to this theory. Fishing with extremely low FP (like 0 - 150) only ever seems to return white fish, with the occasional blue. 151 - 300 is when I start seeing green fish as well, and 301 - 450 is when I start seeing rare fish on a fairly regular basis. I haven't been cooking Fishing food or using Fishing Party buffs yet, so those will likely push me to the 451 - 600 range, which is when I expect I would start landing Exotic fish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1