Is it just me or the Commander's voice in IBS changed

no noticeable difference in human, norn afaik...

not sure about male Charr.. but

Female Charr Commander voice seems changed and sounds similar to vishen steelshot's voice. not that I'm complaining or anything.. I like Vishen steelshot and it's nice to have that voice for Commander... just confirming if anyone else noticed the difference

Several player voice actors have changed over time as the VAs are no longer with the studio.

Its slightly noticeable because on female Charr especially the new voice is deeper and they didn't reduce the pitch of the old voice lines to match, so when your character says a line from Core (e.g when getting a boon), then a line from one of the new e-specs, it feels like mood whiplash.

When the VAs change they need to apply some postprocessing to the old lines to make them more similar so its not so noticeable when combined with newer specs.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

When the VAs change they need to apply some postprocessing to the old lines to make them more similar so its not so noticeable when combined with newer specs.

Too be honest, the original female Charr voice is very poorly and fairly over-acted in many cases. Personally I think that Anet should basically just re-record it.

I don't know the payment structure of typical VAs for videogames in the US, but even in a country like mine where we dubb all major videogames, every foreign movie or TV series, and have a quite large VA industry, actors are still dirt cheap in the overall picture.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

Too be honest, the original female Charr voice is very poorly and fairly over-acted in many cases. Personally I think that Anet should basically just re-record it.

Agreed 100%. Its why I've gender changed my Charr characters, the female Charr Commander voice just....grates on my nerves. 

If you want a good example of what it SHOULD sound like, roll up a ranger and take it into PvP to try out the Untamed. Those Untamed specific voice lines sound perfect.

Its a shame, really. I think the body proportions on the female Charrs are way more aesthetically appealing.