Improving Heal Ventari for WvW.

DanAlcedo.3281

Heal Rev has not really much going for it except Raw healing.

Especialy it very high Regeneration is very interesting.

Sadly, only Glint with its Facet of Light provides that boon and its often not worth to switch to Ventari other then triggering Invoking Harmony.

The goal of these changes is to give Ventari better acces to the Boon regeneration and makes it overall more worth using.

Salvation

• Healers Gift: Remove the orb mechanic.  New Effect: Grant AoE Regeneration at the end of a dodgeroll.
  • Invoking Harrmony: Now also triggers on Weaponswap.
  • Serene Rejuvenation: Remove Alacrity on Natural Harmony .  Added effect: Regeneration last 20% longer.

Ventari

• Ventaris Will: Now also gives a short duration Regeneration to allies it passes through.
  • Project Tranquility: Now also pulses Regeneration. Radius increased to 300.
  • Protective Solace: Reduced upkeep to 5. Now also heals allies every second for a small amount.
  • Purifying Essence: Reduced energy cost to 20. Radius increased to 300
  • Natural Harmony: Reduced energy cost to 15. Radius increased to 300
  • Energy Explusion: Reworked
    • You explode the tablet and switch legends.
    • Shoots out 10 fragments.
    • Each Fragment heals 5 allies, removes 2 condition and grants regeneration .
    • Effect radius of fragments increased to 300.
    • Blast Finisher
  • Facet of Nature (Ventari): Now heals every 2 seconds.

Herald

• Elders Respite: Regeneration when struck removed.  Added Effect: Facet of Light now has inceased radius to 900.
  • Core Value and Shining Aspect switch places in the Traitline.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You sleep under rock? Tablet was giving regeneration and they remove it and add pulls heal. Also removing alac from Serene Rejuvenation is like makeing rev more pure heal bot. Also regeneration is not that strong with all traits and rune of dwayna. Try using Vindicator kuzick urn its aoe heal and with one of trait from solvation u can keep it perm as its give barier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I would say that the issue in WvW isn't the lack of regeneration but ventari's kit design. Some will argue that it's a L2P issue on my end and I'd agree with them, however I'll be honest and admit that Ventari's skillset don't really make me want to learn to use it.

@DanAlcedo.3281 

I like those changes actually, personally i would love to give more sustain to allies than increase its radios but that would just give high reward for something that could still be hard to adapt for new players even older game players still can't play it cause its to hard, and this would not solve the l2p issue on the tablet itself for most, since for most if not all its hard to adapt into response time and its radios.

By increasing the radios from 240 to 300 i believe that would make it far more responsive for overall players  in terms of "fail less to heal the ally" situation sometimes one m8 fail the heal if the ally moves just slightly or its kiting some aoe and moved a cell into the 250-260 range radios, and imo that's why many say Ventari is awful.. which in fact is quite stronk support when u learn to use it.

Removing part of the trait elders respite  is a nice thing, it can keep the regen 20%, and when Herald health drops below 50% could gain more % instead its range, 600 to 900 range its a noticeable range but the effect itself would not be as much effective cause of that ally boon would be corrupted/removed and when u are healed back over 50% one looses the 300 increase range on skill, i woud prefer in this case a boost to regen values like Glint panic heal boost :P.

About  Project Tranquillity: "Now also pulses regeneration. Radius increased to 300"  IMO this would be interesting to see with the changes to elder respite i wrote above.

Note: i actually recommend Sup Dwayna rune for the regen boost :) which is I've been using, Herald/Ventari can be a decent or acceptable  dps/suport role.

Things that i dont agree:

- Protective Solace should keep its  -6  e-degen but would condi cleanse 1 condi every X sec, this way one could even use it with replenish despair but there would be risk due torment stacks, counter would be pull/pushVventari user out of its dome and add more stacks to force user to shutdown dome or move it again in risk of losing more energy, this is the amazing gambling for the e-management :) .

- Energy Explusion: Reworked, not sur if i agree with these changes that would be a huge drawback on this skill, i rarelly use it unless i want to KB some one and remove a condi from an ally near that target.. but i dont like those changes since would force u out of tablet and tablet can be spamed and destroyed to a strong KB and blind combo while also clearing a condi aoe.

@Dadnir.5038 ive been doing  Ventari for quite some years since HoT on WvW and when u have 2 Ventaris its just amazing, 7k-8k X 5 targets, its heal is no joke (nerfed from 14k-16k heals x5 targets hehehe still i would love to get the 10k heal values from pve).

Edited by Aeolus.3615

4 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

You sleep under rock? Tablet was giving regeneration and they remove it and add pulls heal. Also removing alac from Serene Rejuvenation is like makeing rev more pure heal bot. Also regeneration is not that strong with all traits and rune of dwayna. Try using Vindicator kuzick urn its aoe heal and with one of trait from solvation u can keep it perm as its give barier

Ventari (In WvW) IS a pure heal bot.  And a short alac on a way to costly ability is not noticable anyway.

If Ventari wants to see play, we either need a gigantic rework or we simply play into its strength. Pure raw healing.

Regen in WvW heals for over 1k per second. Which is pretty nice. However with Ventari not having Regen, thats counterintuitive.

If Ventari has good access to Regen, we have a better reason to actually go ito it.

7 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

"snip" Also regeneration is not that strong with all traits and rune of dwayna. Try using Vindicator kuzick urn its aoe heal and with one of trait from solvation u can keep it perm as its give barier

1st... Yes it is weak needs to be buffed :D kitten...

Herald actually can reach also over 1k as passive and this is/was WvW values.... was 1.3 sometimes 1.6k(classes that have incoming heal buff trait) x 10 alies passive  regen in the past :) you could output more than 10k ticks (Total) on 10 players when facets had their 10 targets trait, Herald regen is still above 1k tick after the damage and heal coefficients nerfs.

Only way to output more is with Victor urn and Druid avatar form, IMO urn is a huge risk unless u have a zero damage potato  build.

2nd, note that  tablet movement does not provide regen that was taken out of the skill, only ventari regen u have is on legend swap arround the caster not the tablet, tablet travel is directs  heals  while tablet has a 700-800 heal every 3 sec arround itself.

Note that Herald also has Elevated compation that also heals more than 1k (others, due heal output for others boost) every 3sec.

It is interesting that we have 2 "support roles" now in Victor and Herald... this is prompt to conflict :D in terms how they do stuff :)

Victor has the regen of the Herald and the condi cleanse of a Ventari, all in one skill that has a cheap energy cost and a quite good CD, ic this more promt to nerf than anything else.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

If heal herald do not give alacrity, why would someone take one over a mechanist or firebrand who can heal AND give alacrity/quickness ?

If anything, Serene Rejuvenation should no longer give Alacrity, but increase Regeneration healing by 20%.

While Elder's Respite is overhauled to give 2s of Quickness when you use a consume skill

Shared Empowerment and Facet of Strength should give longer Might so heal herald can keep a team at 25 Might after a warm up phase.

Would make a little room for Herald as a quickness/might giver while boosting Ventari healing.

4 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dadnir.5038 ive been doing  Ventari for quite some years since HoT on WvW and when u have 2 Ventaris its just amazing, 7k-8k X 5 targets, its heal is no joke (nerfed from 14k-16k heals x5 targets hehehe still i would love to get the 10k heal values from pve).

I know, It doesn't change that, for me, the tablet is just a chore to use.

• Thanks 1