Spellbreaker is obsolete, why even bother

Yerlock.4678

6 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

In my experience up until this point Dragon trigger is usually far from a dodge or die skill. At max its going to do like 9k damage on most players.

On their own, a fully 10/10 charged Dragon Trigger does about 2k less damage than Dragonhunter Longbow 2 with zerker stats(~40% less damage to be more exact). 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Slash—Force

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/True_Shot

Heck, I looked it up and sure enough even level 1 arcing slice has a higher base power coefficient than a maximum charge DT.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcing_Slice 🤡🎺

And every Bladesworn I play with or against usually doesn't even try to build any more charge than they need which usually leads to the skill itself dealing somewhere in the 3-6k damage range because the power coefficient scaling is; imo, scuffed. Way too low in general and inconsistent based on charge level.

The stability isn't all that hard to deal with either being honest, and if you pressure the Bladesworn they'll probably get scared and pop it off at low charge anyway. 

Again, you're leaving out very important details. Even if we accept the damage numbers you give, the key difference between it and something like True Shot is the rates at which they hit. True Shot has a single attack timing that makes it easy to dodge even in stressful situations; it has to be set up.

Dragon Trigger is the opposite, the only way to know when it will happen is by knowing the player themselves based on their habits. Couple this with the trait that negates all means of avoiding damaging except dodges and invulns as well as the ridiculous levels of sustain it has, you will be eating it a lot. And blowing CDs on a DT to make them use it is very much not in your favor, generally. It has aegis and can teleport, along with the afformentioned stability, and trying to pressure it is often just letting them use it with no risk of it missing because you're attacking. 

This is also not mentioning the other skills it has that do pretty good damage that BS can effectively use off cooldown. 

58 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Again, you're leaving out very important details. Even if we accept the damage numbers you give, the key difference between it and something like True Shot is the rates at which they hit. True Shot has a single attack timing that makes it easy to dodge even in stressful situations; it has to be set up.

Dragon Trigger is the opposite, the only way to know when it will happen is by knowing the player themselves based on their habits. Couple this with the trait that negates all means of avoiding damaging except dodges and invulns as well as the ridiculous levels of sustain it has, you will be eating it a lot. And blowing CDs on a DT to make them use it is very much not in your favor, generally. It has aegis and can teleport, along with the afformentioned stability, and trying to pressure it is often just letting them use it with no risk of it missing because you're attacking. 

This is also not mentioning the other skills it has that do pretty good damage that BS can effectively use off cooldown. 

There is a flash that indicates when to dodge. Also, you can jump over it and save that dodge. Or stand on a slightly higher elevation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I really don't know what you mean. I'd say Bladesworn's entire design basically revolves around 'set up.'

In the whole taking longer to charge up for a singular devastating burst attack.

And you can see from the numbers just how well that worked out and make of that what you will.

I cannot really be asked to debate balance minutiae as my heart really isn't in it anymore, so I was more or less just using those examples of why I personally find Bladesworn to be a 🤡spec with 🤡design and a bit of a disappointment as a war main.

Definitely don't think Spellbreaker is obsolete either, but rather better than Treesworn.

If you're having trouble with them, I usually either pressure them or utilize the 107 IQ genius counterplay of moving slightly away from them depending on the situation. Or the 250 IQ play that @Lan Deathrider.5910 described of jumping on a box or something.

I'm sorry, you lost me at 'good damage'

8 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

This is incorrect. There’s a clear animation on activation that gives a .5s window to dodge. It’s quite easy to dodge Dragon Slash unless they go at 1 charge, but then it does no damage.

• Like 1