Power stats vs Condition Damage stats

blp.3489

I have a Tempest that is decked out in Berserker gear with scholar runes and when I look at ArcDPS it appears that the largest damage is coming from Burning and Bleeding.  Should I be shifting to stats with more Condition Damage instead of the Power stats?  I chose the Berserker/Scholar gear based on the metabattle Fresh Air Tempest.

Or perhaps I need to use air attunement more to get more strike damage?

Fresh Air tempest is all about the Fresh Air interaction with Overload Air. You can Overload Air, swap to fire or earth as soon as you finish the channel, at that point the lightining storm from Overload Air gets a crit, so the Air attunement cooldown is refreshed. Then, you either go back to Air so you can overload again after a couple seconds, or use 1-2 skills of your other attunement first before swapping back to air.

So you should be spending like 80% of your time in air, spamming Overload Air. I don't get how you get so much burning, are you overloading your other attunements?

• Like 2

What game mode are you playing 

In general I like condi the best  over all yes it is harder to ramp up but it still damages foes even without line of sight and also is helpful with blocked attacks

Air attunement is really underwhelming and should only be taken if

A: your playing weaver for superspeed traits or

B: you want to be funny

😄😄 crowd control

Fire attunement gives way more damage

There is absolutely no need to go condition or power it is up to you you

Gathered focus trait gives concentration so that will increase boon duration

Edited by Infinity.2876

1 minute ago, Infinity.2876 said:

What game mode are you playing 

In general I like condi the best  over all yes it is harder to ramp up but it still damages foes even without line of sight and also is helpful with blocked attacks

Air attunement is really underwhelming and should only be taken if

A: your playing weaver for superspeed traits or

B: you want to be funny

😄 crowd control

Fire attunement gives way more damage

There is absolutely no need to go condition or power it is up to you you

Gathered focus trait gives concentration so that will increase boon duration

This is confusing advice.  Air attunement is not universally underwhelming.  For power tempest overload air is your highest damage ability.  For both power and condition weaver dual attunements including air also hold your highest damage dual attacks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

This is confusing advice.  Air attunement is not universally underwhelming.  For power tempest overload air is your highest damage ability.  For both power and condition weaver dual attunements including air also hold your highest damage dual attacks.

I haven't played power tempest in a while so I'll get back to you

Until then you can ignore me

Edited by Infinity.2876

Thanks for the replies, I have been working on working the air overload, and it is now my biggest source of damage. My build is actually dagger/dagger and I was probably spending too much time in fire and earth because they are high damage.  d/d air doesn't do a lot of damage in air outside of the overload so I wasn't spending as much time there.

14 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

Thanks for the replies, I have been working on working the air overload, and it is now my biggest source of damage. My build is actually dagger/dagger and I was probably spending too much time in fire and earth because they are high damage.  d/d air doesn't do a lot of damage in air outside of the overload so I wasn't spending as much time there.

I might be mistaken but I believe warhorn would be better than offhand dagger for dps when it comes to fresh air tempest

• Thanks 1