Isn't it hilarious how Virtuoso says "Dodge this!" when casting Bladesongs?

Lethion.8745

I thought they were challenging the enemy by saying this but after I've come to know that Bladesongs are literally the easiest abilities to dodge in the game, I've realized they are actually warning the enemy as a balance manaveur from Anet, ensuring Virtuosos are not terrorizing people with their massive Shatter bursts. Good move, Anet. Good move.

Edited by Lethion.8745
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

I thought they were challenging the enemy by saying this but after I've come to know that Bladesongs are literally the easiest abilities to dodge in the game, I've realized they are actually warning the enemy as a balance manaveur from Anet, ensuring Virtuosos are not terrorizing people with their massive Shatter bursts. Good move, Anet. Good move.

Pft mobs don't dodge in PvE.

12 minutes ago, godfat.2604 said:

I heard that PvP has a bunch of bots. Why not Anet make some mobs which will dodge and cleanse? Maybe this way it’ll be easier for them to balance the game.

All the way back in 2012 PvE mobs would walk out of aoes. Then ANet scrapped this mechanic and made mobs pure hp bags. I believe the reason given was that it was too easy to manipulate mobs and prevent them from attacking players.

Still, as long as ANet doesn't make the dps golem dodge and cleanse, I doubt your suggested changes would have any impact on balance.

1 hour ago, BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

I believe the reason given was that it was too easy to manipulate mobs and prevent them from attacking players.

That was an odd reason and sounded like their AI needed some improvements. Let me guess, if we kept throwing AoE, they would constantly flee?

1 hour ago, BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

Still, as long as ANet doesn't make the dps golem dodge and cleanse, I doubt your suggested changes would have any impact on balance.

Haha, sad truth. Actually, I am serious, they should replace those golems with actual raid bosses at least. Not that I think this should be the way to balance, but at least better than a dummy golem.

personally i think my mesmer should shout PEW PEW PEW when i activate my songs!! but that's just me and let's be real who listens to ingame dialogue anyway other than maybe story segments look at the junkyard meta the npc literally shouts what to do yet i see people dead because they didn't hide on the  fist slam [kestrel ayumi "get behind something"] 

2 hours ago, godfat.2604 said:

That was an odd reason and sounded like their AI needed some improvements. Let me guess, if we kept throwing AoE, they would constantly flee?

Haha, sad truth. Actually, I am serious, they should replace those golems with actual raid bosses at least. Not that I think this should be the way to balance, but at least better than a dummy golem.

Golems have a place for when you're learning your muscle memory. If you want practical analysis then gw2wingman is going to be better than snowcrows.

• 1 year later...