Quickness Condi Harbinger - Quickness uptime question

Scratchpaw.1069

I've been having a lot of fun lately with the Quickness Condi Harbinger. It promises 100% quickness uptime, but I seem to hit a barrier around 75% for the subgroup on average. If I'm right, the only quickness it delivers comes from the Harbinger shroud pulse and Elixer of Anguish, correct? Am I just not timing my shroud/elixer rotation correctly or is there something I'm missing? Maybe not everyone in my subgroup is stacking correctly or I'm misthrowing my Elixer or something?

Running full Viper as recommended by Snowcrows/Discretize.

Edited by Scratchpaw.1069

2 hours ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

I've been having a lot of fun lately with the Quickness Condi Harbinger. It promises 100% quickness uptime, but I seem to hit a barrier around 75% for the subgroup on average. If I'm right, the only quickness it delivers comes from the Harbinger shroud pulse and Elixer of Anguish, correct? Am I just not timing my shroud/elixer rotation correctly or is there something I'm missing? Maybe not everyone in my subgroup is stacking correctly or I'm misthrowing my Elixer or something?

Running full Viper as recommended by Snowcrows/Discretize.

Two things: 

For one, these meta site builds, as so often, are theoretical optimal builds (Golem/perfect group environments).

Secondly, SC, which is more focused on Raid (and technically Strike) environments, actually recommends running some Ritualist. In Fractals, as in the Discretize version, you can get away with less BD due to Potion/Mastery Agony to stat Conversion. 

Generally though, unless you are playing with high tier Speedrunner's, such as these communities, it's wise to overstack to some extend, especially in something so vital and noticeable as Quickness (due to effect on rotations). 

You probably won't be playing much in groups that perfectly stack, especially for something like Anguish with a 240 radius, at all times. 

I'd recommend working in some Ritualist pieces until you can confidently upkeep Quickness at all times.

Two bonus points:

As @LucianDK.8615 mentioned, don't use Anguish before the Boon Rip on engage (this is a mechanic in Strikes, Raids and some Fractals, such as Sunqua Peak, in which all boons are removed on combat entry to prevent pre-stacking).

You might not have a Jade Bot Core at level 10, which means less Vitality, which means less conversion to BD via Twisted Medicine.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

Snowcrows have Ritualist breastplate and pants. And Discretize relies on fractal pots to up your boon duration. If you're really trying full viper, you just won't hit that duration.

Strange, must've recently updated this as it originally showed full vipers. Might do some tweaks with some legendary gear stats to hit a more comfortable BD %

2 minutes ago, Scratchpaw.1069 said:

Strange, must've recently updated this as it originally showed full vipers. Might do some tweaks with some legendary gear stats to hit a more comfortable BD %

Well, the classes are fresh, so of course the optimization is ongoing. I simply swapped my trinkets to ritualist - don't think DPS difference will be that high anyway. i knew i farmed that leg kitten for a reason, lol