Information help on Verdant Brink

I just opened Verdant Brink.  I don't have a mount as I have only recently started playing and this was my next "story".

Q: the night time event where you end up fighting the dragon on the can-of-pee of the zone, is there a "Treasure" for completing this kill?

I've now participated in this three times and have yet to find a chest.  I do get EXP.  I'm thinking like world bosses like the "Fire Elemental" a lootable chest...

Q: how many times per night does the dragon appear? 

Q: since I'm working on "Gliding"; to unlock "Stealth Gliding" I need a boatload of EXP and 5 Mastery Points.  Are the MPs for all this training (Gliding + Itzel) all on this single map?

Can I earn exp and/or MPs on other maps and apply it to this training?

Thanks!!

There are 5 bosses that spawn once each in the canopy during the final 20 minutes of the VB night cycle: wyvern matriarch, wyvern patriarch, the frog duo, the boss trio, and the axemaster.  They each give loot including a chance for a bladed armor piece (I believe only the wyverns can drop the chest piece, however).  In addition, if you wait until the night cycle timer ends before leaving the map you will receive rewards based upon the success tier achieved by the map with T4 granting an automatic bladed armor box.  Some of these rewards are only granted once per day, however.

Mastery points can be earned in various ways including the marked points on the map, but also via various achievements which you will find marked with the mastery point symbol if your achievement panel.  Use the wiki to find more information regarding completion of specific achievements.

Any HoT or LS3 zone will grant experience toward HoT masteries as well as having achievements that grant HoT mastery points.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Matriach and Patriach Dragon are one per Night cycle. I don't know how many MPs are there per map. Some are behind adeventures, some behind meta events, or discovering and opening strongboxes etc.

Yes, all xp and MPs you earn on Heart of Thorns maps are applied and can be used for their respective mastery tracks. So feel free to level the more useful mastery skills first.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odenathus.5287 said:

is there a "Treasure" for completing this kill?

Bottom right corner. The other maps have actual chests to open, but Verdant Brink makes an exception and only provides the event chest (always spawns in the bottom right corner) and airship cargos (per event completed).

Each of the two dragons only spawns once per day/night cycle, and you get rewarded once per day per kill (each dragon rewards you separately). There are three other bosses (or boss encounters), one for each camp of the map. Five encounters in total. You can use the chopper at each camp to reach the respective boss fast and easy.

MPs for all this training (Gliding + Itzel) all on this single map?

No, they are distributed fairly evenly between each of the expansion's maps.

You can.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, odenathus.5287 said:

I just opened Verdant Brink.  I don't have a mount as I have only recently started playing and this was my next "story".

Q: the night time event where you end up fighting the dragon on the can-of-pee of the zone, is there a "Treasure" for completing this kill?

I've now participated in this three times and have yet to find a chest.  I do get EXP.  I'm thinking like world bosses like the "Fire Elemental" a lootable chest...

Q: since I'm working on "Gliding"; to unlock "Stealth Gliding" I need a boatload of EXP and 5 Mastery Points.  Are the MPs for all this training (Gliding + Itzel) all on this single map?

Thanks!!

Living world season 3 also counts for xp and they have mastery points you can use. Draconis Mons tends to be a very active map, and you don't need stealth gliding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adventures are a good source of mastery points. They reward one MP for silver and additional for gold. Gold can be hard on some of them but silver should be doable. Verdant Brink ones are on the easier side, they get harder in later maps (or rather, there are some really nasty on later maps). Adventure icon on the map looks like a white guy with a cape holding a pole.

Check your achievements. Plenty of those also reward mastery points.

When you kill the "dragon" (Matriarch Wyrven) or any other night time boss (I think) you should get a chest in an inventory in which you can select amalgamated gemstone. If you get that one, you got what you were looking for.

Exp and MPs are all interchangable between all Hot maps (and LS3). So don't wait on the map if you want to progress further. And if you get gated by the masteries you can safely return.

Verdant Brink best map in game. Not up for argument, sorry. Btw you can get cheap stat selectable exotics (Bladed Armor) at vendors (I think Itzel vendors, one is just at the start of the map) for airship parts and a little bit of gold. You now also have access to Hot stats and you can select the "Marauder" stats which are very usefull for open world if you mostly do strike(power) dmg and get your butt kicked too often (adds vitality but otherwise keeps the everyone's favorite power stat combination of power/precision/ferocity).

• Like 2